Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bloody_peasant
Skeptic Friend

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  09:23:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bloody_peasant a Yahoo! Message Send bloody_peasant a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Good grief, Valiant Dancer, that's what 3 or 4 people who have corrected the Kentucky/Tennessee thing? You might consider editing that post.

Just goes to show what's considered very important around here
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  10:48:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Seems to have a definate mainstream religion bent to it.

Agreed. I don't like it. If it were mandatory, I'd be mad as hell about it.

Another thing, how does one prove completion? Do they return with a note from a minister, rabbi, priest, etc. that states they have completed the court's required number of services? Is there a list of ministers (or the equivalent) that qualify to sign off on such completion? Can I form "The Church of Wendy" in my back yard and let all the boozers come to my house to be saved?

One wonders...

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  10:57:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
I am a minister of the ULC, I never got my Pro-Football worships services off the ground, but if you need a break from this law Ill sign on...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:34:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Perhaps we could get Filthy's Church of the Dessicated Cockroach on the approved list.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  12:18:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

Perhaps we could get Filthy's Church of the Dessicated Cockroach on the approved list.

Perhaps my humble and racous services might not be suitable for those with real substance abuse problems -- except for those who merely have difficulty locating sufficent substances to abuse, that is. However I would like to accord the judge a warm welcome if he were ever to attend our services, even if it were under dire and just threat of landing in the poogie if he failed to show.

As long as the fucker buys a round....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.