Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  06:26:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Pascal's Wager: Chthulu (sp?) will eat you anyway.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  14:06:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
OK, so far my vote is with filthy's: "Pascal's Wager: Life's a bitch and then you die. Therefore it makes more sense to pursue jolly Will o' the Wisp than savor the natural world."

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  18:17:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Pascal's wager: I think therefore I don't thwim.

(Thorry, thometimes I lithp.)

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  19:27:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Pascal's Wager: My hand is a straight flush through the king, therefore, as there is a possibility that it can be beaten, I should fold.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2005 :  18:26:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Pascal's Wager: My hand is a straight flush through the king, therefore, as there is a possibility that it can be beaten, I should fold.
Very well put.
Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  15:26:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
Pascal's Wager: None of us will make it out of here alive, so I'll play the $2.00 trifecta - Big Daddy, Junior and The Spook.

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Edited by - walt fristoe on 08/23/2005 15:28:49
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  15:30:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message

Pascals wager: Don't gamble unless you're prepared to lose.

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.