Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 They're at it again, but differently........
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  06:37:09  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Do I smell the sweet-foul fragrance of Hyprocracy, a nosegay like a floater just washed up on the riverbank? Oh, say not so!

'Tis, huh?..... Well, shit!

The humor is in the hyprocrites, as usual, and the thought of what Pope Benny might say when/if he hears of it.
quote:

Faithful Furious Over Tactic
Catholics express shock over lawyer's arguments that a woman who sued Portland archdiocese for child support should have used birth control.

By William Lobdell, Times Staff Writer

In 1994, then-Archbishop of Portland William Levada offered a simple answer for why the archdiocese shouldn't have been ordered to pay the costs of raising a child fathered by a church worker at a Portland, Ore., parish.

In her relationship with Arturo Uribe, then a seminarian and now a Whittier priest, the child's mother had engaged "in unprotected intercourse … when [she] should have known that could result in pregnancy," the church maintained in its answer to the lawsuit.

The legal proceeding got little attention at the time. And the fact that the church — which considers birth control a sin — seemed to be arguing that the woman should have protected herself from pregnancy provoked no comment. Until last month.

Hmm. Seems not to involve buggering alterboys. That's a relief.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  06:53:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Do I smell the sweet-foul fragrance of Hyprocracy, a nosegay like a floater just washed up on the riverbank? Oh, say not so!

'Tis, huh?..... Well, shit!

The humor is in the hyprocrites, as usual, and the thought of what Pope Benny might say when/if he hears of it.
quote:

Faithful Furious Over Tactic
Catholics express shock over lawyer's arguments that a woman who sued Portland archdiocese for child support should have used birth control.

By William Lobdell, Times Staff Writer

In 1994, then-Archbishop of Portland William Levada offered a simple answer for why the archdiocese shouldn't have been ordered to pay the costs of raising a child fathered by a church worker at a Portland, Ore., parish.

In her relationship with Arturo Uribe, then a seminarian and now a Whittier priest, the child's mother had engaged "in unprotected intercourse … when [she] should have known that could result in pregnancy," the church maintained in its answer to the lawsuit.

The legal proceeding got little attention at the time. And the fact that the church — which considers birth control a sin — seemed to be arguing that the woman should have protected herself from pregnancy provoked no comment. Until last month.

Hmm. Seems not to involve buggering alterboys. That's a relief.

I'm gobsmacked. Not surprised by the level of hypocracy, just surprised that they'd be so blatant about it.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  21:17:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
I'm surprised they didn't claim some sort of miraculous divine impregnation. Hey, it worked once before!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  21:41:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
This might be off topic, but impregnating someone without their knowledge or aproval, aint that against the law?

God is guilty of date rape.

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  02:27:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

I'm surprised they didn't claim some sort of miraculous divine impregnation. Hey, it worked once before!

Well, no.

It turns out that Mary was really parthenogentic, gave virgin birth to what turned out to be a noisey and not a little demented rabble-rouser, and blamed it all upon a God who really had no part in it but couldn't find a decent lawyer in the Holy Lands to take his case. And thus, God got blamed for all of the evils of Christianity: the Crusades, Inqusition, Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson, and so forth.

It is not recorded that he ever had to cough up child support, but it is probable that he did. TANJ!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  02:45:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
It turns out that Mary was really parthenogentic, gave virgin birth to what turned out to be a noisey and not a little demented rabble-rouser,

I always thought that parthenogenesis could only result in female offspring in mammals
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  04:28:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Plyss

quote:
It turns out that Mary was really parthenogentic, gave virgin birth to what turned out to be a noisey and not a little demented rabble-rouser,

I always thought that parthenogenesis could only result in female offspring in mammals

Yes, this is true in any parthenogenetic vertebrate. However, it is not common knowledge but Jesus was the first sex change candidate, and thus the portrats of him looking like anything but an inhabitant of the Middle East.

Say, I'm pretty good at this! P'raps I should go into Christian apologetics...

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  06:34:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Plyss

quote:

Yes, this is true in any parthenogenetic vertebrate. However, it is not common knowledge but Jesus was the first sex change candidate, and thus the portrats of him looking like anything but an inhabitant of the Middle East.

Say, I'm pretty good at this! P'raps I should go into Christian apologetics...

Laughing... too... hard... almost... ruined... keyboard...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  06:54:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dry_vby

This might be off topic, but impregnating someone without their knowledge or aproval, aint that against the law?

God is guilty of date rape.

Nope. Mary never got a kiss nor dinner from God. He just raped her. Just plain old sexual assault and rape.

(I never got why Joseph bought that whole "It's the son of God" thing. She slept around on him.)

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
God has access to the livestock strength GHB, it could get in anyones panties.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.