New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  16:35:57  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
All wars eventually end, and there seems to be some momentum building that might spell the eventual end of the Iraq war. It's refreshing to see a patriotic hero like Cindy Sheehan making enough noise and enough sense to help at least a few more people wise up. Even now it seems the supporters, those who believe the Iraq war is somehow good or right, come from some fairly narrowed groups...

- Members of the Bush administration of course, who obviously pursue the war for personal gain, yet who have yet to be forthcoming about their real motivations for perpetrating this illegal action.

- Those who simply haven't been paying attention, the dangerously naive.

- Similar to the above, those who intentionally avoid being informed, the dangerously ignorant.

- Those who believe the propaganda, the dangerously gullible.

- Those who have been supporters for various of the above reasons, cling to their pride, and can't bring themselves to admit George Bush's campaign of terror against the citizens of Iraq was wrong from the beginning.

- And those who just don't have the capacity to process the situation in a sane or rational way, the dangerously stupid and the dangerously mentally ill.

For those who missed it...
quote:
Cindy Sheehan said...
[Casey] wasn't killed by terrorists. He was killed by Shiite militia who wanted him out of the country, when Casey was told he was going to be welcomed with chocolate and flowers as a liberator. Well, the people of Iraq saw it differently. They saw him as an occupier.

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  17:38:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Could robb or someone post where these quotes are of Sheehan calling bush a terrorist, liar, and murderer?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

trishran
Skeptic Friend

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  20:31:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trishran a Private Message
I have seen people referring to Cindy Sheehan saying all these nasty things about Bush, but I have not seen any nasty comments firsthand, on the TV or radio.

Hmmmm.

trish
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  22:05:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco...
Could robb or someone post where these quotes are of Sheehan calling bush a terrorist, liar, and murderer?
She called George Bush a "lying bastard" in her presentation at the Veterans For Peace Convention, August 5, 2005. There she also implied that he is a murderer. I didn't notice if she referred to Bush as a terrorist in that particular speech, but by definition, of course he is.
quote:
Cindy Sheehan said...
Then we have this lying bastard, George Bush, taking a 5-week vacation in a time of war. You know what? I'm never going to get to enjoy another vacation, because of him.
Can't say I blame her. George Bush is a lying bastard. She also called him a "filth-spewer and warmonger" and an "evil maniac". Pretty much everyone with a modicum of sanity, intelligence, and awareness knows it's true. We should all be proud to have brave patriotic citizens like Cindy Sheehan who are willing to call a spade a spade. We need more like her.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  01:20:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I heard her first hand refute the distortions of some of her statements. For example, there is a quote being repeated that she said the country and freedom weren't worth dying for. She said the government, meaning Bush's government, isn't worth dying for not the country. She said she loves her country and if she didn't she would have left already.

So she hates Bush and has said so. Well, I, for one, agree with her. Bush is a terrorist in many many people's eyes. And some of them have a point.

I think one thing that is being overlooked that is a result of Sheehan's and her supporters' efforts is the war is being paid attention to. Think about it, the news media lists the body count for the day like they remind us we are at terror alert level yellow. The traffic and weather get more coverage. Do you feel like we are at war? Or does it just seem like there are some troops stationed some place? The public needs to have the point driven home that we are in a war and many people are dying and being maimed. It will never end if people aren't even paying attention.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 08/27/2005 01:21:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.