Rude Pundit - Says it like it is
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  15:15:40  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
The Ride Pundit hits the nail on the head in this angry (even by his standards) diatribe.

Warning, contains rudeness

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  15:29:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
The one thing that continues to baffle me is, if so many people hate Bush so much, how the hell did he get his finger on the button.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Democracy just doesn't work".
Homer Simpson.

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  15:48:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
The one thing that continues to baffle me is, if so many people hate Bush so much, how the hell did he get his finger on the button.

By hating gays enough to propose a constitutional ammendment to "protect" marriage from them. He defeated the nefarious gay plot to "destroy" the institution of marriage. Then he stumped in a ton of red states to get those "voter initiatives" to ban gay marriage (many of these states already had laws banning it, to demonstrate just how stupid the rubes are....) on the ballot.

Then, the rubes came out in droves to "protect" marriage from those evil homos. Since they knew that Kerry was a flip-flopper and was married to some elitist European woman, and he only went to Vietnam to have an excuse to become an anti-war activist and betray his country by aiding and abbetting the enemy by speaking against US actions... and then they looked over and saw the name of the guy who hated fags, just like they did, on the ballot... serendipity!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  15:56:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
What?

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  16:32:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Marketing has become a very exact science that the Republicans are better at than the Dems. And one might expect that given the large corporate backing the Republicans have, (since after all, who are the marketers?) Add to that the ever increasing control of the TV and radio media and you have a recipe for manipulating the masses.

Throw in a computerized voting machines sold and run by a Republican, (Ohio still can't explain any other reason why the exit polls would differ so greatly from the actual vote count), and, a swing state governed by a certain brother, (again, the only other time the exit polls suspiciously differed from the actual count), and voila! You get an incompetent president 2 terms running.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  16:38:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Marketing has become a very exact science that the Republicans are better at than the Dems. And one might expect that given the large corporate backing the Republicans have, (since after all, who are the marketers?) Add to that the ever increasing control of the TV and radio media and you have a recipe for manipulating the masses.

Throw in a computerized voting machines sold and run by a Republican, (Ohio still can't explain any other reason why the exit polls would differ so greatly from the actual vote count), and, a swing state governed by a certain brother, (again, the only other time the exit polls suspiciously differed from the actual count), and voila! You get an incompetent president 2 terms running.

Thank you for your intelligent and concise reply.

I can't help thinking, after reading it, however, that all this talk about "control of media" and "manipulating the masses" could be construed by some as "conspiracy talk".

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  19:09:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dry_vby

quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Thank you for your intelligent and concise reply.

I can't help thinking, after reading it, however, that all this talk about "control of media" and "manipulating the masses" could be construed by some as "conspiracy talk".

Hi Dry,

You as well as I know how political parties use the media and scare tactics to manupulate voters. You are an Aussie, do children overboard and interest rates ring a bell????

The right generally scream louder and get their message through. The louder screams penetrate more to an ever increasingly apathetic public. The majority of voters are more concerned with Glen McGrath's ankle to care about the lies from government.

It's not conspiracy talk, its the truth and Joe Public does not give a shit.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  20:49:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
I would go further and say that the whole world economy is based on fear.

I think as far as chosing our leaders, we are given the illusion of choice.

What I was wondering is, how far down this path can we wander before someone starts jumping up and down and accusing me of propagating a "conspiracy theory"?

I have been trying to explain the apathy I am surrounded by for some time in these forums, but I just get accused of being lazy and selfish when I do.

Losing the ashes would be a bitch, though.

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  22:23:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Losing the ashes would be a bitch, though.

The Aussies have played their best cricket when their backs are against the wall.....they are just beating us playing their best cricket when we are playing quite possibly the worst cricket in 15 years

Poms will fold mate, trust me

Sorry to hijack the thread guys......it's nice to have a fellow cobber from Oz here

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  22:29:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Somehow this is proving your point that we would rather discuss cricket (and sport in general) than those other issues.

Our batting needs to improve a hellavu lot, as does our bowling (and we gotta do summitt about those no balls).

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  23:02:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:

Somehow this is proving your point that we would rather discuss cricket (and sport in general) than those other issues.

Our batting needs to improve a hellavu lot, as does our bowling (and we gotta do summitt about those no balls).

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

It is easier to discuss sport, the majority of people don't want to ask the hard questions for fear of answers they won't like. That is just the way Johnny wants it!!!!

That's why Australian Idol out rates Dateline...

Go home, turn on the telly and switch off...

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  03:51:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Honest Johnny has got his head so far up Dubyas arse that they somewhat resemble a pontomime donkey.

I watch "Dateline", but I prefer "The cutting edge".

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  13:18:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:

I would go further and say that the whole world economy is based on fear.
Not here. The consumer economy has a very big dose of planned obsolescence and manufactured need.

quote:

I think as far as chosing our leaders, we are given the illusion of choice.
We have choice that isn't exercised very effectively. It's hard for one to chose a leader when the leaders are able to manipulate a majority of voters.

quote:

What I was wondering is, how far down this path can we wander before someone starts jumping up and down and accusing me of propagating a "conspiracy theory"?
It's a mix. There isn't a secret world government as some believe. And the government isn't competent to coordinate much of a conspiracy, (witness how poorly they coordinated the hurricane relief effort). But big business, OTOH, is very good at some things. Marketing and controlling the mainstream news are two to name a few. Big business has a very strong hand in the government here and they bring their skills with them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.