Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Catholicism, Jack chick, and Rock & Roll!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  04:41:04  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Whilst staggering through the web the other day, I happened to come across this:
quote:
A Special Gatefold: The Satanic Roots Of The Roman Catholic Church

(as described by Jack Chick)

Cush-grandson of Noah, architect of Tower of Babel

Semiramis-wife of Cush, Queen of Babylon, mother of Nimrod and Tammuz

Nimrod-son and husband of Semiramis, builder of Babylon.

Nimrod developed astrology, and laid the foundations for black and white witchcraft. Shem (Cush's great uncle, Noah's son, and a righteous man), appalled by his nephew's evil deeds, killed Nimrod. Before his death, Nimrod married and impregnated his mother Semiramis. After Nimrod was slain, Semiramis convinced the people of Babylon that Nimrod was a god (the sun god Baal), and that she was a goddess (the Queen of Heaven). Semiramis developed the Satanic religion of Baal worship, including confession (for blackmail and public fear), secret societies (prefiguring Masonry, Mormonism, Jesuits, and the Illuminati), and the idea that she, as the religious leader, was the only medium to God (prefiguring the Pope). Idols appeared featuring mother Semiramis and baby Nimrod (prefiguring the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus); her symbol was the moon (Isis, Diana), and Nimrod's was the sun (Horus, Baal, Sol). Semiramis promoted baby sacrifices and celibacy for priests, foreshadowing Roman Catholicism. She invented death by crucifixion (crucifixes were originally occult symbols in Babylon and Egypt). Semiramis bore another child (by her son Nimrod, while claiming she was a virgin) named Tammuz, who she maintained was the reincarnation of Nimrod (Baal). This was the foundation of the virgin mother with child archetype that Satan used to corrupt many world religions.

Haven't heard much from ol' Jacky lately, so I decided that the thing to do was to air him out again; sort of bring him into the light of day (it must get lonely under that flat rock). These are some pretty wild and fantastical writings, but they pretty much sum up the madness of the man...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

TG
Skeptic Friend

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  07:14:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TG a Private Message
If I'm reading this correctly, Jack rejects the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, implying that it was adopted from a pagan fabrication.

If so, this is the first thing Jack and I agree on.

However, since the claim of Jesus's virgin birth first appears in Matthew, which, last time I bothered to check, was still part of the New Testament, what does all of this have to do with the Catholic Church?

I love the names ... a Semiramis is half a Harold Ramis, and how can you beat Nimrod.
Go to Top of Page

Subjectmatter
Skeptic Friend

173 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  07:31:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Subjectmatter a Private Message
I wonder when he will start trying to convince people that the helicentric model of the solar system is a manifestation of Nimrod worship...

Sibling Atom Bomb of Couteous Debate
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.