New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  02:22:51  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I've been saying right along that I thought Bush was still drinking, and suddenly some conformation, of sorts, has come along.
quote:
Bush is Reportedly Drinking Again
As most of us have suspected since his fainting while watching football on TV was blamed on a pretzel in early 2002, The National Enquirer reports Bush is drinking again.

Back on Bush's 40th birthday Laura Bush supposedly gave George this ultimatum: "It's the bottle or me." It remains to be seen whether Laura stands behind what she said back then, or if she reneges the way Bill O'Reilly did on his words regarding Bush's invasion of Iraq to remove Hussein's WMD threat:
And I said on my program, if--if --the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again.
My guess is that Laura will give Bush a break on this the way O'Reilly has done.

*Note: As long as it doesn't lead to more drunk-driving incidents, drinking may be one of the most sensible things President Bush has done. God knows his policies have repeatedly driven the rest of us to drink!

The story first broke in the National Enquirer, a fishwrap primarly concerned with movie star scandles, but with a reputation for getting real news right, now and again -- remember the report on Limbaugh's maid scoring drugs for him? I wonder who NE's sources for this story are.
quote:
BUSH'S BOOZE CRISIS

By JENNIFER LUCE and DON GENTILE

Faced with the biggest crisis of his political life, President Bush has hit the bottle again, The National Enquirer can reveal.

Bush, who said he quit drinking the morning after his 40th birthday, has started boozing amid the Katrina catastrophe.

Family sources have told how the 59-year-old president was caught by First Lady Laura downing a shot of booze at their family ranch in Crawford, Texas, when he learned of the hurricane disaster.

His worried wife yelled at him: "Stop, George."

Following the shocking incident, disclosed here for the first time, Laura privately warned her husband against "falling off the wagon" and vowed to travel with him more often so that she can keep an eye on Dubya, the sources add.

"When the levees broke in New Orleans, it apparently made him reach for a shot," said one insider. "He poured himself a Texas-sized shot of straight whiskey and tossed it back. The First Lady was shocked and shouted: "Stop George!"

"Laura gave him an ultimatum before, 'It's Jim Beam or me.' She doesn't want to replay that nightmare — especially now when it's such tough going for her husband."

I dunno; given that choice -- maybe we'd better not go there....

So, there's nothing sneakier than a 'recovering' alcoholic trying to keep others from catching him/her having a tipple, and over time, it will snowball. The article finishes up:
quote:
Dr. Justin Frank, a Washington D.C. psychiatrist and author of Bush On The Couch: Inside The Mind Of The President, told The National Enquirer: "I do think that Bush is drinking again. Alcoholics who are not in any program, like the President, have a hard time when stress gets to be great.

"I think it's a concern that Bush disappears during times of stress. He spends so much time on his ranch. It's very frightening."

This, if true, and I think it is, ain't good. The last thing this country needs is a president who leads in crisis from under the package store marque.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  03:48:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Lets see what FoxNews says...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.