Jailed reporter freed, testifies in CIA leak probe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  09:02:57  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/30/cia.leak/index.html

quote:
Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, called Miller in prison September 19 to personally free her from the pledge of confidentiality, a move that apparently contributed to her release, Libby's attorney, Joseph Tate of Philadelphia, told CNN.

Carl Rove and Lewis Libby still have jobs in the Whitehouse. Bush has been caught openly lying, or these guys would be gone. Can we impeach him yet? Please????

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

CourseKnot
Skeptic Friend

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  09:43:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CourseKnot a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/30/cia.leak/index.html

quote:
Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, called Miller in prison September 19 to personally free her from the pledge of confidentiality, a move that apparently contributed to her release, Libby's attorney, Joseph Tate of Philadelphia, told CNN.

Carl Rove and Lewis Libby still have jobs in the Whitehouse. Bush has been caught openly lying, or these guys would be gone. Can we impeach him yet? Please????

I think we can only try impeaching a president every 30 years or so.

Just flying through space with the rest of you...
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  11:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
So why did this guy wait so long? Was it going to come out somewhere else? That's my guess.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  12:21:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I too, smell a rat.

I think Ill wait a bit and see what Jailhouse Judy has to say before commenting.

Edited to add this tidbit from The Rude Pundit:

"Yeah, it's another busy day in America, as we stand on the precipice of some kind of tragic fall for the Bush administration the likes of which would make Oedipus blink his bloody eyeholes and say, "Goddamn, that's gotta hurt." With DeLay indicted, Frist investigated, Miller testifying (which has gotta make Rove's sphincter hurt in anticipation), Bush drinkin', and Cheney's health sinking faster than a rowboat that's been swamped by a barge, there's a feeling out there that something's gotta give. You can see it in the whirling eyes of Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, and Bob Novak, so desperate and out of control that they seem like they're trying to eat their own shit. The question remains, of course, will any of it bring the soldiers home? Change environmental policy? Tax policy? Will any of it do anything more than get rid of a symptom while the disease decays us from the inside?

We'll see where we stand a year from now."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/30/2005 12:30:56
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  19:04:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil...

I put the following message in the contact form on the web sites of my two US Senators and the US Congressman from my district...
quote:
Dear Sir,

I would like for you to contact me as soon as possible regarding a highly important matter of national security. Clearly there is a large segment of the United States Government currently active in pursuing malicious agendas using illegal and dangerous tactics. Of course it's obvious this presents the biggest threat to homeland security that this nation has ever faced.

Now is the time to initiate impeachment proceedings against the primary members of George W. Bush's administration, including the President, Vice President, and Secretary of State. We expect you to hold this as a high priority and to take a vigorous, active part in getting this process started.

Sometimes you US Senators, Congressmen, and other public servants seem to forget that we, the people, are your bosses. You work for us, not the other way around. Right now you have a responsibility to do as we say and begin the process of removing George W. Bush from office, as he has demonstrated time and again that he presents a severe danger and threat to our security, safety, and freedom.

Contact me immediately so we may further discuss the issue. Please do not send a form letter. Please do not have one of your staff contact me. Please remember that I am your boss. I will consider it outright insubordination if you don't contact me directly and personally. If you neglect to respond we will initiate action to have you removed from your position just as certainly as we will have George W. Bush removed from his. We, the people, intend to take our country back from the government which has stolen it from us.

Sincerely,

Greg McNeil
Still waiting for replies from some, but I did receive the following reply from Senator Obama (D - Illinois). It appears to be a sort of form letter. Although it is sort of sheepish, I was a bit surprised that he expressed such a vigorous disapproval of Bush...
quote:
Dear Gregory:

Thank you for advising me of your desire to see President Bush impeached. I appreciate hearing from you and understand your concerns and mounting frustration.

I fully appreciate and share your strong disagreement with many of the administration's policies and actions, and that your feelings have been strengthened considerably as we've watched our government's inadequate and slow response to Hurricane Katrina. While I was encouraged by the President's admission that the Federal government did not meet its obligations durings its initial response to the storm, that does not mean we should not go forward with an independent and comprehensive investigation into what occurred. The poor response of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) clearly demonstrated that he has not fulfilled his post-9/11 promises of improved readiness and response. There is no excuse for that, and part of any effort to prevent a recurrence must include an honest review of our progress, or lack of progress, on this front.

There is no question that President Bush has pushed the envelope in promoting his policies and programs. His position is strengthened by the fact that his party controls both the House of Representatives and the Senate at the moment. Challenges like the war in Iraq and the Gulf Coast tragedy only exacerbate the sense of frustration and ineffectiveness of those of us who are concerned about the priorities and judgment of this Administration. However, while I will continue to use my position in the Senate to oppose those policies with which I do not agree, my focus is on doing what I can in this environment to address the many challenges facing America and Illinois, some of which will likely test us like never before. I do not think that options like calling for impeachment of the President serve our ultimate objective, which is getting the country back on the right track.

Thank you again for writing, Gregory. Please stay in touch in the days ahead.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator
Since it was essentially a wimp-out on the idea of impeachment, I followed up with this...
quote:
Mr. Obama,

Within your reply to my previous message you stated...

----- However, while I will continue to use my position in the Senate to oppose those policies with which I do not agree, my focus is on doing what I can in this environment to address the many challenges facing America and Illinois, some of which will likely test us like never before. I do not think that options like calling for impeachment of the President serve our ultimate objective, which is getting the country back on the right track. -----

It is clear that you misunderstand your job. First, it doesn't matter one bit how you personally feel about an issue. You were not hired to support those policies with which you agree, and to oppose those with which you do not. You work for us. You were hired to do what we want, whether you agree with it or not. To repeat a point made in my previous communication: We, the people, tell you what to do, not the other way around.

We do not want George W. Bush to continue in his position as President of the United States. Statistics show that he has done more damage to our economy, our safety, our position in the world, our peace, and our freedom than any other single person in the history of this nation. He has clearly violated several federal and international laws. Grounds for his impeachment certainly exist. He is quite apparently guilty of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

Dozens of legal experts throughout the nation have already drafted various "Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush." Similar documents also exist detailing articles of impeachment against Dick Cheney and several other public officials involved in the George W. Bush conspiracy to steal the freedom, rights, and assets of the American citizens.

You don't even have to invest the effort into preparing the documents necessary to initiate the impeachment. You only have to acquire copies of the existing documents, review them with your legal staff, and submit them. We fully expect you to undertake your responsibility without excuses, apologies, or delays. Please do not put yourself in a position of co-conspirator or commit the crime of obstruction of justice. Just do your job.

I will repeat this once more because this seems to be an extremely difficult concept for public servants to absorb: You work for us. We are your boss. When you do not act to accomplish the requirements of the tasks we assign, you are being insubordinate, and that is grounds for firing any employee anywhere. As an employee of the people of the United States of America and of the State of Illinois, we expect you to take aggressive action to remove the biggest threat to our freedom, safety, and security.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  21:05:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Wow GeeMack, well done!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.