Hey, I make my predictions on New Years for 06
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  13:58:50  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Sheesh, couldn't you have given us procrastinators at least through today to post our predictions?

Here are my psychic predictions for 06:

The Bird flu will spread to birds in Europe and Africa and shortly thereafter to the Americas. It will be more from smuggling exotic birds than wild bird migration.

Human cases will rise sporadically for many months. Then there will be a few isolated outbreaks of human to human transmission.

A major pandemic will not occur until 2007 but it will happen sometime that year.

There will be at least 3 mag 7 earthquakes that will affect populated areas including one more large tsunami generating quake in the area south or north of the 12-26-04 big one. While people will remember to run uphill when the tide goes out in a strange way, thousands will still be killed including some tourists who walk out to see the funny low tide or who walk out there thinking they have time to outrun the incoming wave. Only a few people will remember there is more than one wave coming and that will result in many deaths.

The Iraq war will be unchanged in 2006. Bush will move a few troops around in an effort to appear to be withdrawing, but it will just be for show. The insurgency in Afghanistan will increase. Spying on US citizens will continue and it will be revealed that the target the FISA court was not informed of was reporters who received the leaks about the CIA torturing prisoners in other countries. Protest by the American public will be minimal.

It will be another record year for hurricanes and cyclones. New Orleans will not take a direct hit but will not have recovered by the end of 06 either. The levies will not be adequately rebuilt and will again fail though my psychic information is fuzzy as to when.

More houses will burn in wildfires in both the USA and in Australia.

The magnetic poles will move even more erratically but it will not affect any travelers since GPS and the European satellite will be the means of navigation for everyone anyway. We won't have weird auroras and big solar flares in 06 but we might see weird effects of the shifting magnetic poles and solar flares by 2010.

Bangladesh will flood.

My vision is fading now......I will need rest before I can make more predictions. My book will be released soon. You can order an advanced copy at your local bookstore. ;)

Espritch
Skeptic Friend

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  20:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Espritch's Homepage Send Espritch a Private Message
Bah. I foresaw that your book would be published and pre-ordered it.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  15:52:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Thanks Dave.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  19:11:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I figured I owed you something after all the nit-picking, beskeptigal.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ronnywhite
SFN Regular

501 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  00:22:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ronnywhite a Private Message
Bold predictions.... interesting. Idunno about Iraq, though... a fair amount of pressure building for change, with plans already brought on the table for consideration(?) Too bad ya madem' after "the planets moved" so you could access the 06' "psychic continuum." Ya' cheated. :)

Ron White
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  00:52:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ronnywhite

Bold predictions....
I agree. If you want to succeed in this business you need to be more vague, beskeptigal!

Check out Winaces "Prophecy for Dummies".
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  14:01:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:
Originally posted by ronnywhite

Bold predictions....
I agree. If you want to succeed in this business you need to be more vague, beskeptigal!

Check out Winaces "Prophecy for Dummies".

Couldn't help it. Got to go with the thoughts streaming in while the tin foil hat is off.

I'm already losing my bet from 12-04 that there'd be a draft by the time Bush is done. Might as well go for broke.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:56:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well the 2nd of my 7+ earthquakes has occurred.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:58:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
BTW, we could use this thread to track out 'hits' and 'misses' thus giving Dave less work at the end of the year.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  22:43:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Magnitude 7.5 - MOZAMBIQUE, 2006 February 22 22:19:08 UTC I believe I've made my quota for 06 predictions of > 7 mag quakes. Do you think Randi will give me money?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  23:34:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
B. postdicted:
quote:
Magnitude 7.5 - MOZAMBIQUE, 2006 February 22 22:19:08 UTC I believe I've made my quota for 06 predictions of > 7 mag quakes. Do you think Randi will give me money?

Yes. If Randi doesn't pay, he's a sour old trickster, and probably a sorcerer to boot.

I guess I came to his site too late to notice this fine thread. I love trying to make predictions. (Once a BBS, I made one that Israel would invade Lebanon and stay for years. It happened within hours of my prediction, though it caught the world off guard. It was just a good guess, though, based upon my Spidey Sense for geopolitik. But it impressed the rubes on the BBS.)

Here's my predictions for the remainder of 2006 and beyond:

1) Things will soon utterly fall apart for the US in Iraq, with a rising civil war between Sunnis and Shi'ias. By the end of the year, the US and other coalition nations will be out, aside from the Kurdish area, and a fortified, air-supplied enclave or two in the Sunni and Shi'ia areas, held mainly to save face for Bush.

2) Roe V Wade will survive the year, at least partially intact.

3) During a speaking engagement, Harry Whittington will cough up exactly three (3) .1 inch lead pellets, and will graciously call Dick Cheney to thank him.

4) Most of the T-shirts I have designed will not be printed by Cafe Press.

5) I will continue to publish my dreams here, and they will, quite properly, continue to be ignored, no matter how strange, and no matter how many anachronisms they include.

6) This is an important one: New Futurama shows will be produced this year, going directly to DVD. By next year, a new Futurama series will be back on TV. Filthy still won't be able to watch them, but Dr. Mab will.

7) Anchorage, Alaska will be covered with volcanic ash this year.

8) The Cartoon Jihad will still be raging as the year ends. Nigeria and other nations will be torn apart by sectarian violence. (The Iraqis will be, for the most part, otherwise engaged.)

9) Terrorists will seize a large cruise ship. Commandos will storm the ship, but the outcome will be messy.

10) Al Qaeda will attempt a major attack on a US West Coast City. The Spirits are mum about its success.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/22/2006 23:36:47
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  00:55:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I see you joined on 1-14-06. Dave can put you in for the 06 predictions if he thinks it's appropriate.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.