Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message
Hello Skeptics!

John Adolfi here from Bibleland Studios. I thought to stop by just to let you know that we are opening a new web site www.lostworldmuseum.com and museum. Come take a peek at the teaser page and I hope to see you there after the Jan. 22, 2006 opening.
The mission of the site and museum can be summed up in these few words:
Examine Evidence
Conclude Genesis
So what are you waiting for just trot your skeptical minds right over to the LWM and place that site on your favorites.
One thing I've learned from you fine folks is you want hard evidence. Could I possibily supply what creationists promise but never seem to deliver?
Well get ready to experience things you never knew existed.
Thank you for the time and attention you've given me and our Bibleland site www.biblelandstudios.com over the last 18 months.

Sincerely,

John Adolfi
Bibleland Studios
Lost World Museum

Edited by - Bibleland on 01/04/2006 19:13:42

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:19:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Welcome back, John!

It's refreshing to see that you've abandoned all pretense of science, unlike the many "scientific creationists" still out there. "Examine evidence/conclude Genesis" for a mission is about as far from scientific methodology as one can get.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:25:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message
Thank you Dave and will you be examining the evidence along with the rest of the world?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:28:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Bibleland:
Could I possibily supply what creationists promise but never seem to deliver?

Probably not. But you're welcome to try…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:32:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Could I possibily supply what creationists promise but never seem to deliver?

Bring it on, John. I look forward to seeing your evidence.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:46:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I'm kind of curious as to why you want to spend the time to examine evidence if you've already reached your conclusions.

Does this mean BibleLand Studios will be shutting down? Or will that still be open?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:54:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bibleland

Thank you Dave and will you be examining the evidence along with the rest of the world?
You know I will, John. I really hope you do have something new, because the same old stuff has gotten pretty dull.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:08:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message
Don't believe for a second Ricky that the majority of anthropologists in the field will date a skull objectivily. Conclusions are present everywhere when evidence is examined. It's just the way we are built. But let me ask you, are you personally ready to look at the evidence with no preconcieved ideas? With *No* conclusions in mind? Please listen everyone, it would be next to imposible to obtain this this ideal. If we cannot honestly apporach the evidence without a conclusion in mind then what? Where do we begin on this quest for the truth of our origins? I freely admit I begin with an ancient written account that you all state is not science or scientific. Fine then where do we start. With Lyle? Is Lyle's time table where you find your fundemental beliefs of long periods time? Instead of beginning with the geological table that Lyle set down for almost 200 years ago, how about we find a man tucked away somewhere in the world who is completely and wholy impartial and let him look at what the creationists and evolutionists have done with the evidence over the last 200 years and then see what an impartial judge concludes. I would give this man a fair hearing. But can we find such a man? The world is polluted with conclusions - preconceived opinions.
Go to Top of Page

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message
Dave I had a sneaking suspiscion some of you were looking for something new to do.
Come on let's play.
PS how do I fill an image into the image HTML slots? I have a Mac and do not know how to get an address from a file?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:31:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Dave I had a sneaking suspiscion some of you were looking for something new to do.
On the subject of creationism, the world has been looking for something new for 30 years or more.
quote:
Come on let's play.
Remind me in a couple weeks, as I'm notoriously bad with calendars.
quote:
PS how do I fill an image into the image HTML slots? I have a Mac and do not know how to get an address from a file?
If it's not an image out on the Web somewhere, you'll first have to put it up on the Web before you'll be able to show it here. The format is to type in (for example):
[img]http://www.psorsite.com/docs/pyrhat.jpg[/img]
where what's between [img] and [/img] is the Web address of the image, and you'll see:

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  21:21:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Nice hat Dave.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  21:23:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Kil, I'm sure you've seen it before.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  02:28:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hi John! long time, no hear from -- welcome back!

Sure, I'd like to see the evidence and would view it as objectivly as possible considering my background -- no one is ever entirely objective on any topic, are they?

I like your logo by the way -- much better than the rest of the creation sites -- and I have taken the liberty of putting it up for those who refuse to open links to view. All you have to do is run a reply quoting this post to see what I did.

Very simple. just click second button to the 2nd to the left of the 'Quote' button and the {img}{/img} will come up. Then paste the addy between them. Hell, If I can figger it out, it's gotta be easy!

Looking forward to the site's opening...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/05/2006 02:53:43
Go to Top of Page

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:18:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message
Thanks Guys for the advice on how to post pics. Would you recommend a good site for me to an on-line post pics that I'd like to place here.
BTW what would the most convincing evidence against evolution? Actually what type of evidence would be the most convincing? Report, Artifact/fossil, other?
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:38:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

BTW what would the most convincing evidence against evolution? Actually what type of evidence would be the most convincing? Report, Artifact/fossil, other?
I'll guess you mean against Macroevolution, common descent.

In dr Douglas Theobalds "29+ Evidences for Macroevolution, The Scientific Case for Common Descent" you can find plenty of potential falsifications to Macroevolution.

Some examples:
quote:
Any finding of a striking half-mammal, half-bird intermediate would be highly inconsistent with common descent. Many other examples of prohibited intermediates can be thought of, based on the standard tree (Kemp 1982; Stanley 1993; Carroll 1997; Chaterjee 1997).
quote:
No organism can have a vestigial structure that was not previously functional in one of its ancestors. Thus, for each species, the standard phylogenetic tree makes a huge number of predictions about vestigial characters that are allowed and those that are impossible for any given species.
quote:
We confidently predict that fossils of recently evolved animals like apes and elephants should never be found on South America, Antarctica, or Australia (excepting, of course, the apes that travel by boat).
It would be macroevolutionarily devastating if we found in South America an irrefutable Epihippus or Merychippus (or any of the intermediates in-between) from the Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, the Miocene, or anytime before the Isthmus of Panama arose to connect North and South America (about 12 million years ago). Moreover, we should never find fossil horse ancestors on Australia or Antarctica from any geological era (MacFadden 1992; Brown and Lomolino 1998).
Enjoy!

It is a great resource.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  06:05:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Thanks Guys for the advice on how to post pics. Would you recommend a good site for me to an on-line post pics that I'd like to place here.
Something wrong with www.biblelandstudios.com ?
quote:
A devonian bunny would be a neat trick, but Theobald's article has so much more than that.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.