Christian School sues college
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  23:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
This is interesting.

Murrietta is a small town in S. California and the U.C. are the colleges in Califorina. 'Life and Times' is a TV program about current events in S. Califorina. KCET is the Public Broadcasting station for the area.
UC doesn't think that teaching creationism is enough science for a student to get into the college. Good for them! The Christian school thinks otherwise. I guess the courts will say who's 'right'.

I cut and pasted the synopsis but you can look at the transcripts if you want to know more.

http://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/

TUESDAY 01/17/06
CHRISTIAN SCHOOL VS. U.C. SYSTEM
A parochial school in Murrietta teaches courses from a Christian perspective. Now the U.C. system says it will not give credit for those courses to students applying to U.C. campuses. Roger Cooper looks at both sides of an feud between church and state.

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  01:52:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I heard the Hannity and Coombs exchange on this. At first I thought Fox was going to let this guy go on without any rebuttal. And he made it sound like all their courses were denied acceptance. Finally, Coombs spoke up and said it was only their biology class and we all know that's a no brainer and some Bible literature class which my guess didn't have much variety in it.

Poor poor pitiful Christians being persecuted again! When will the cruel world ever stop?
Edited by - beskeptigal on 01/18/2006 01:53:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.