2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  04:45:12  Show Profile Send carpetica a Private Message
Moderator: Spam deleted

Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 01/30/2006 07:17:34

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  05:16:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by carpetica

Since ages, Rishis and Munis in India have been using Meditation and Yoga as a very very effective means to lead a healthy and an active lifeltyle.

In today's fastpaced life, you certainly need some time to relax. And what better way to relax than spending a couple of minutes meditating and discovering your innerself!

In order to get complete guidance and discovering this fascitanting world of Meditation, do visit us at:

http://www.meditationsoflife.com

I know one shouldn't feed/encourage the trolls, but I mean really, posting this sort of message on SFN of all places? The spelling mistakes and the fact that the advert has been placed in two forums with different pretexts suggests that carpetica is at least a real person and not a cut-and-paste-bot. (Mind you, I get plenty of email about viiagggra and cyaaalis, so spelling mistakes dont necesarily imply authenticity ).

Of course, I could be wrong, and maybe we will hear from carpetica again. I'm not suggesting that the idea of meditation itself is a bad thing, mind you, my innerself! is telling me the CD's might be a bit of bollocks... However did the Richies and Moneys in India get by "Since ages" before the CD player?

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  08:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Mind you, I get plenty of email about viiagggra and cyaaalis, so spelling mistakes dont necesarily imply authenticity

Spammers misspell words like that so that their spam will get passed filters.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  23:17:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
Spammers misspell words like that so that their spam will get passed filters.

Yup, I know, I was being sarcastic.

Unfortunately, way too much of my time is spent dealing with that sort of rubbish. What surprises me is that they must get a few "bites" in order for the whole spammy enterprise to be even remotely worthwhile. How desperate would you have to be to order some mystery replacement for a drug from on online franchise so dodgy that they deliberately misspell their product name in order that you can read their advertising material?

Imagine, some guy breaks into your house, wakes you up in the middle of the night and starts going on about vacoom kleaners. "Right", you say "seeing as you managed to circumvent my home security, out of my new found respect for your sales method, I'll take two of your most expensive models". I think not.

Fortunately, my primary spam filter is a rather advanced neural network, with millions of years worth of R&D.

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 01/30/2006 03:49:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.