General Discussion
 Derek & Swoopy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daddyweather

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  12:33:32  Show Profile  Visit Daddyweather's Homepage  Send Daddyweather an AOL message Send Daddyweather a Private Message
Does anyone know where have Derek & Swoopy have gone. I missed my Skepticalilty fix this week.

I usually just watch the forums but my Skepticality withdrawal forced me into the open.

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  15:30:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Hello Daddyweather, and welcome to Skeptic Friends Network. I hope you'll enjoy the stay.

Swoopy got some kind of cough, throat infection, but it seems to be on the mend. Then she went on a trip to Bermuda.
I guess that means that she haven't been able to do much work. And though Derek is up and running, I think he's on close watch as to not exert himself.

Then there's Olympic Games...

I guess there are plenty of reasons for them not being ready to release a new episode. None of them catastrophic.
Just hang in there.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  16:11:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Daddyweather

Does anyone know where have Derek & Swoopy have gone. I missed my Skepticalilty fix this week.

I usually just watch the forums but my Skepticality withdrawal forced me into the open.

Derek and Swoopy haven't gone anywhere. Swoopy, as I understand it, has had a cold or virus for the last week but is feeling better now. So that may have kept them from producing a new show. You can find their latest show here at the Skepticality website:

http://www.skepticality.com/index.php

If you get their shows from our site, unfortunately we have been a bit behind lately for various reasons and I apologies for that…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Daddyweather

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  19:37:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Daddyweather's Homepage  Send Daddyweather an AOL message Send Daddyweather a Private Message
[/quote]
Derek and Swoopy haven't gone anywhere. Swoopy, as I understand it, has had a cold or virus for the last week but is feeling better now. So that my have kept them from producing a new show. You can find their latest show here at the Skepticality website:
[/quote]

Thanks guys. I get the shows from iTunes. I I will look forrward to their return.

Why would anyone prefer watching adults play in the snow over a new Skepticality episode?
Go to Top of Page

skepticality
Skeptic Friend

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  10:44:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticality's Homepage Send skepticality a Private Message
Hey hey!

This is Derek from Skepticality! :) We got back from our cruise to the Bermuda Triangle in one piece a week or so ago. Then, Swoopy and my Wife, BOTH got sick. Swoopy, FINALLY got back to health this week. So, yesterday we talked about cranking out a show today, that would be Tuesday March 14th. So, it is coming SOON, get mad at us if it doesn't happen in the next two days or so! :)

Best place to keep in the loop about when a new show hit is iTunes or, sometimes here when Kil is on the stick!!! :)

Thanks again for keeping the faith for our show, it has been a crazy ride for us here in the past few months!

Derek Colanduno
host - skepticality
http://www.skepticality.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  12:18:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Glad to hear that all is well in Skepticality land!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  23:45:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by skepticality

Hey hey!

This is Derek from Skepticality! :) We got back from our cruise to the Bermuda Triangle in one piece a week or so ago. Then, Swoopy and my Wife, BOTH got sick. Swoopy, FINALLY got back to health this week. So, yesterday we talked about cranking out a show today, that would be Tuesday March 14th. So, it is coming SOON, get mad at us if it doesn't happen in the next two days or so! :)

Best place to keep in the loop about when a new show hit is iTunes or, sometimes here when Kil is on the stick!!! :)

Thanks again for keeping the faith for our show, it has been a crazy ride for us here in the past few months!

And another happy customer reaps the rewards of traveling on a floating germ factory!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  01:26:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Delighted that all is returning to normal, whatever that might be. Looking forward now, looking forward...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.