2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  17:46:12  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
in the latest of "Kils Evil Picks" he showed this gem of the world wide web: creation science fair

with prize winners such as:
quote:
Elementary School Level
1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"

2nd Place: "Pine Cones Are Complicated"

Honorable Mention:
"God Made Kitty" - Sally Reister (grade 3)

"The Bible Says Creation" - Aaron Kent (grade 5)

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

middle school:
1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life"

2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"

Honorable Mention:
"Mousetrap Reduced To Pile Of Functionless Parts" - Kevin Parker (grade 7)
"Dinosaur & Man Walked Together" - Donny Findlay (grade 6)

"Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed (grade 6)

High School
1st Place: "Using Prayer To Microevolve Latent Antibiotic Resistance In Bacteria"

2nd Place: "Maximal Packing Of Rodentia Kinds: A Feasibility Study"

Honorable Mention:
"Geocentrism: Politically Incorrect" - Richard Cody (grade 9)

"Young Earth, Old Lies" - Melvin Knuth & Glenna Reher (grade 11)

"Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" - Tom Williamson (grade 12)

I wish I could have been there.

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  18:00:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
Damn that's good. Thanks Kil/trogdor.

Some extra juicy excerpts:

"a project showing how the power of prayer can unlock the latent genes in bacteria, allowing them to microevolve antibiotic resistance."

"social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay"

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 03/07/2006 18:01:01
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  18:52:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Fun to see once again. Nice satire, being an off-shoot of the Landover site.

Fun-n-n-n-y!.......
1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life"
Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  00:03:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
I'm confused... Objectivist Ministries is a fake Christian site, but is the creationist fair real or part of their joke?

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  01:29:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
I smell satire. The science fair projects are a little bit too dumb to be real.

Would setting up a site like this and soliciting donations from cretinists be considerd fruad?
I am tempted.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  02:25:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Child abuse! Those poor kids. Unless it's a Landover Baptist web page or something. It looks real.

OK, nevermind. If you all say it's fake, I'll assume it is. It's pretty funny in that case.

So this page is a joke as well? Man they are great spoofers.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 03/08/2006 02:28:56
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  03:32:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It's a spoof, and a pretty clever one. This site has been up for a number of years, first started, if I have the story straight, as an anti-Landover site, by, you guessed it, the guys at Landover.
quote:
OBJECTIVE: Landover Baptist Shutdown
By Jim Carlson and OBJECTIVE: Ministries staff
Our Purpose:

The Internet was created by the United States of America - a Christian nation [ref. 1, 2, 3] - and should not be used to spread anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and hatespeech. This is our Internet, and we should exercise our position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to stop its misuse.

“It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

- Patrick Henry, American Patriot“Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord [i.e. Jesus Christ] one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names...” - Article VII, US Constitution

For this reason, this website was created to try and stop one of the more vile and dangerous misuses of the Internet: using it to mock Our Lord Jesus Christ, His teachings, and His followers. And one site in particular stands out in need of stoppage: Landover Baptist.

I seem to recall that we discussed this one some years back...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.