Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  15:36:48  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Could there be a third President Bush? The current chief said Wednesday that younger brother Jeb would make a great one, too, and has asked him about making a run. The first President Bush likes the idea as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1946802

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  15:47:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:
Could there be a third President Bush? The current chief said Wednesday that younger brother Jeb would make a great one, too, and has asked him about making a run. The first President Bush likes the idea as well.

I would like to see him run. It would guarantee Republicans would lose the presidency. About the only person worse they could run would be Cheney.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  15:49:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I understand where you're coming from, but I think that he would have a shot, since I bet he would be touted as more moderate than the other two. Of course, it depends on how bad the Dems can fuck things up in 2008-2012.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  16:04:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Bring him on. His record as Governor in Florida won't help him get elected President.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  17:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Bring him on. His record as Governor in Florida won't help him get elected President.

The Neocons won't have to worry too much about his record. They've had several years now to further refine their "election solution":

http://www.diebold.com/dieboldes/solutions2.htm

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  18:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Holy crap, Chippewa! Diebold is already preparing for the single world goverment as prophecied in the Book of Revelation! Hold onto your pants, 'cause the Rapture's a-comin', and Diebold knows it!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  04:31:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

quote:

These words concern me, "brother Jeb would make a great one, too". Does this imply that the current Bush considers himself to be a great President?

Deluded nincompoop.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Grumpy_Bear

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  19:22:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Grumpy_Bear a Private Message
Apparently, his whopping 34% approval rating has gone to his head...

"A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals..." -MIB
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  19:35:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
BTW, welcome to SFN, Grumpy_Bear!

Go to Top of Page

Grumpy_Bear

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  19:57:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Grumpy_Bear a Private Message
Thanks. I need something to do during working hours...

"A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals..." -MIB
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  20:36:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Welcome to the SFN, Grumpy_Bear.

If Jeb gets elected, I may just have to leave America. The Bush family seems to be a growing problem, and it's starting to branch in all different directions. And it all stems from voter eduction not being up to par. It's also deeply rooted in that the republicans can get a heck of a lot of funding and support from the Christian right.

Time to get the weed wacker...

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  02:26:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Welcome Grumpy_Bear!

I don't think Jeb'll run anytime soon. His mindless brother has the country so screwed up that he'll wait for someone else to pick up the mess, then maybe give it a go in the hope that we've all forgotten.

Hey pleco, off topic but in the same vein, and if I have read it correctly, it looks like Roy got his Rock cleaned in the AL primary and won't be running for gov. D'ya think he might try it as an Independent?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  02:38:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Of course, it depends on how bad the Dems can fuck things up in 2008-2012.

All they have to do is nominate Hillary for president.

Then the republicans could run Pat Buchanan and still win.

The democrats have an opportunity. Will they be able to capitalize? That remains to be seen.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  05:36:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Hey pleco, off topic but in the same vein, and if I have read it correctly, it looks like Roy got his Rock cleaned in the AL primary and won't be running for gov. D'ya think he might try it as an Independent?

There was an article in the local paper about his future. Most political experts are saying his political career is finished. I think that may be true, unless a scandal happens and he is able to get more support. But, no I don't think he will try as an Independent, since he knows that Alabama, like the rest of the nation, favors the current two party system and that he doesn't have the political clout to cause the fundie christians to splinter off from the Republicans.

I predict he instead becomes a preacher or precher-lite (travelling, giving speaches and making lots of money of which he will keep most for himself). Probably take his rock with him. I also think he will beoome an advocate for those issues he cares about, like banning gay marriage, teching creationism/ID, etc.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:58:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

. . .

I predict he instead becomes a preacher or precher-lite (travelling, giving speaches and making lots of money of which he will keep most for himself). Probably take his rock with him. I also think he will beoome an advocate for those issues he cares about, like banning gay marriage, teching creationism/ID, etc.

Isn't it wonderful that sometimes when a person retires, he can have the leisure to pursue his real passions?

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  15:22:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
It warms heart, it does.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.