New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  15:00:50  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
... if I'm ever stuck in traffic, I want a Buffalo like this one, as shown in Popular Science's slideshow of military technology!

Courtesy Peter Frank Edwards

Buffalo Route-Clearance Vehicle

Responding to threats from roadside explosives, the Army deployed this nearly indestructible 23-ton Buffalo route-clearance vehicle with tremendous success. Built by Force Protection Industries, it uses a clawed, 30-foot arm to move debris and examine potential explosives.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/22/2006 15:07:07

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  15:23:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I want an armored fork too!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  19:00:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Reminds me of Spaceballs:
quote:
SANDURZ: Sir.

HELMET: What?

SANDURZ: Are we being too literal.

HELMET: No, you fool. We're following orders. We were told to comb the desert, so we're combing it. Found anything yet?

TROOPER WITH COMB: Nothing yet, sir.

HELMET: How about you?

TROOPER WITH 2ND COMB: Not a thing, sir.

HELMET: What about you guys?

TROOPER WITH MINI COMB: We ain't found shit.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  22:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

... if I'm ever stuck in traffic,

Disclamer, 1st of all I'm a GM stock holder but DAMN I hate Hummers. Guess we won't have that problem much longer though. But I HATE all those car-van things that take up space, waste gas and hog the road.
As for that Buffalo dealie, boy! I know what I'd do with that on the LA freeways. Look out all you bastards who blast your car radios and make left turns from the right hand lane, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  00:23:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
Ah, but if Hummer ever decides to market it in the States, a squadron of little Isettas can run rings around it, causing the lumbering gas hog to eventually tumble and fall. Why? To paraphrase H.G. Wells, Hummer will eventually succumb to the smallest and humblest of vehicles, which BMW in its wisdom has placed upon the road for the benefit of us all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.