Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ocheewah
Skeptic Friend

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  09:09:47  Show Profile Send ocheewah a Private Message
HEADLINE NEWS:

(1) In an attempt to thwart the spread of bird flu,
President George W. Bush has bombed the Canary Islands.
Turkey is next.

(2)The Centers for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new
virulent strain of an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease). The disease is contracted through dangerous and high-risk behavior. The disease is
called Gonorrhea Lectim and is pronounced "gonna re-elect him."

Many victims contracted it in 2004, after having been screwed for four
years. Cognitive characteristics of individuals infected include:
anti-social personality disorders, delusions of grandeur with messianic overtones, extreme cognitive dissonance, inability to incorporate new information, pronounced xenophobia and paranoia, inability to accept responsibility for one's own actions, cowardice masked by misplaced bravado, uncontrolled facial smirking, ignorance of geography and history, tendencies towards evangelical theocracy, and categorical all-or-nothing behavior.

Naturalists and epidemiologists are amazed at how this destructive
disease originated only a few years ago from a Bush found in Texas.

Those who danced were thought quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  09:07:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  10:18:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  21:37:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
I'm sure you've all seen this. Uncanny, ain't it?

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  04:10:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa

I'm sure you've all seen this. Uncanny, ain't it?

Heh, I've never seen the whole thing all at once.

And then, there's this'n:

Isn't this fun?!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  10:03:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message
Hmm. I can just hear all the apes screaming that they do not share a common link with Bush! ;)

I'm not sure I like the comparisons, though. Mostly because it is obviously done as a form of parody or possibly even derision. It's not that I'm against paradying or deriding Bush; it's just that by using images of apes to do so reinforces the idea that accepting our sharing of the family tree with apes is somehow worthy of derision.

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  10:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dglas

Hmm. I can just hear all the apes screaming that they do not share a common link with Bush! ;)

I'm not sure I like the comparisons, though. Mostly because it is obviously done as a form of parody or possibly even derision. It's not that I'm against paradying or deriding Bush; it's just that by using images of apes to do so reinforces the idea that accepting our sharing of the family tree with apes is somehow worthy of derision.

D'you really think it would make the least bit of difference? The anti-evolution, intellectual midden dwellers would rave on regardless, and the apes lost their say in the matter when they refused to become bipedal. Screw 'em both!

I wonder what the reaction would be if Clinton were parodied with an ape? I'm absolutely certain that I already know, as do we all.

But ape parodies aren't all bad:

And now, lest we be accused of hijacking yet another thread (hehehe, like I care), here's the Bush photo that I long to see:

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.