Interview with Wikipedia Creator
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  17:33:25  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
I figured that considering the number of people here who use wikipedia as a source, there are bound to be some of you interested in listening to an interview with it's creator, Jimmy Wales.

quote:
The founder of Wikipedia discusses its roots, its software, and the secret to managing a diverse and fractious online community.

The interview is from the FLOSS weekly podcast, which I quite enjoy. It's about the open source software process, community and the software itself. Generally, it may be a little geeky for those not that way inclined, but this episode is quite non-technical, and I believe should be of interest to a more general audience. As well as the history, there is some good discussion on the pros and cons of a publicly editable information source and the issues that go along with that.

Here is a link to the twit.tv page with a little more info on the episode as well as the download link, or if you'd rather just get the audio (it's a 26 MB mp3 file) you can get it here.

John's just this guy, you know.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.