Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:04:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Dude and Filthy, you have such a way with words. You leave me speechless...
and in agreement.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:33:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I wonder if this will become like the running joke in the 1970's Saturday Night Live "news" sketch, where Chevy Chase would announce, "This bulletin just in from Spain: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  16:09:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I wonder if this will become like the running joke in the 1970's Saturday Night Live "news" sketch, where Chevy Chase would announce, "This bulletin just in from Spain: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead."

I never watched that show. The few times I'd flip it on briefly (even now) or see a commercial for it, it seemed so idiotic and totally not funny. Guess one had to be stoned, and I don't do that.
But I guess it had it's moments. That's pretty funny!
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  22:41:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman
Why reply to a post that you did not even read properly?

'Oh bother', as Alice would say. And I don't know why I am, but here goes....
Seems some people, are not very perceptive. Since that includes the person who asked the question to which I am replying, I suggest one not speak about something he does not understand nor put words in anothers mouth.
Now, in the future I won't be answering anymore dumb questions, I wish others wouldn't ask them. One can only hope.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  01:13:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

'Oh bother', as Alice would say. And I don't know why I am, but here goes....
Seems some people, are not very perceptive. Since that includes the person who asked the question to which I am replying, I suggest one not speak about something he does not understand nor put words in anothers mouth.
Now, in the future I won't be answering anymore dumb questions, I wish others wouldn't ask them. One can only hope.
Stupid or not, you have not answered any questions so this post does not make sense either.

If I have failed to understand anything or if I put words in someones mouth you are most welcome to show me where.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  09:42:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Stupid or not, you have not answered any questions so this post does not make sense either.

If I have failed to understand anything or if I put words in someones mouth you are most welcome to show me where.

What good would it do (to show) when so many people have such closed minds that all they want to do is beat people over the head with their point of view and not even listen to another.
As for not answering any questions, Sherlock would wonder, is that a Red herring?
And another thing ... the post only doesn't make sense to anyone who is not perceptive, as I said in the 1st place.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  00:27:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
So I and others(?) are not open minded enough.
I do fail to understand your point of view, but you don't want to show me my mistakes.
Well, maybe some of the perceptive members of this board can make your posts make sense to me.

With such novel and powerful arguments, how could you ever lose a discussion?
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  12:23:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
So I guess the Bush administration is not going to make this guy a super star either?

quote:
The U.S. military today released new information about Abu Musab Zarqawi's successor, quickly elevating the stature of the Egyptian militant whom is said in Internet postings to be the new head of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:01:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Here's a speculation about the killing of al-Zarqawi. I don't know it it's true, but it at least is a possibility:

The replacement leader of "Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia" is Egyptian-born Abu Ayyub al-Masri, called "Sheikh Abu Hamza al-Muhajer" by the terrorists.
quote:
Al-Masri "has been a terrorist since about 1982, beginning with his involvement in the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, which was led by Zawahiri," said Caldwell. Ayman al Zawahiri is al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's top deputy.
(This quote was by Maj. Gen. William Caldwell at a news conference in Baghdad, per CNN.)

Item: Abu Ayyub al-Masri is an old follower of Ayman al Zawahiri.

Item: Al Qaeda as led by Osama bin Laden and Ayman al Zawahiri had been reported to be seriously at odds with the late Al-Zarqawi over his practice of trying to provoke warfare between Sunni and Shi'ia Muslims.

Item: When announcing the air-strike that killed al-Zarqawi, the US military mentioned that he had been betrayed by an al Qaeda source.

Conjecture: Osama and/or his deputy al Zawahiri may have ordered that Al-Zarqawi be betrayed, so they could insert their own loyal replacement, and sieze more direct control of the Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia franchise.

If this guess is correct, you might see less attempts by Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia to attack Shi'ias, and more attempts by them to attack Coalition forces.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
If HalfMooner's conjecture is correct, at least one or two good things will come out of it:
First, this will ease tension and lower the risk of outright civil war.
Two, less attacks on innocents and more against the true aggressors.
(this may sound callous, but lets face it: Coalition forces shouldn't have invaded Iraq in the first place)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  17:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Dr. Mab, I oppose the war in Iraq as well, and believe the the US-led invasion was an unjustified aggression that needs to be ended.

However, those "true aggressors" on the ground over there are mostly just ordinary people like my friends, family, and neighbors. These GI's are not Nazi stormtroopers. I hope they will be able to come home alive and whole. And if they just happen to kill some genuine fundie terrorist invading bastards while in the midst of a very nasty and complex war, I will not be upset. That, not the killing of American and British soldiers by al Qaeda, would be "a good thing," in my opinion.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/15/2006 17:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  01:28:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

However, those "true aggressors" on the ground over there are mostly just ordinary people like my friends, family, and neighbors.
Unfortunately this does not matter, they are legitimate targets. Goes with the uniform.
quote:
These GI's are not Nazi stormtroopers.
What do the SA have to do with this?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  04:03:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

quote:

However, those "true aggressors" on the ground over there are mostly just ordinary people like my friends, family, and neighbors.
Unfortunately this does not matter, they are legitimate targets. Goes with the uniform.
quote:
These GI's are not Nazi stormtroopers.
What do the SA have to do with this?

What does the SA have to do with this? Nothing, that's my point. Al Qaeda and other "insurgents" will naturally consider US and British soldiers to be "legitimate targets." This I understand. But should you?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/16/2006 04:06:23
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  04:28:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

Al Qaeda and other "insurgents" will naturally consider them "legitimate targets." This I understand. But should you?
Much like in the Bravery, honor and integrity thread, legitimacy is not about your, mine or Al Qaedas views, its about the laws of war. The act of killing US, Brittish, Swedish or other soldiers by a regular or even a guerilla soldier during a war (illegal or not) is not by itself illegal.

That does not mean that just anybody can start killing soldiers and be able to escape punishment, but legal combatants can.

Personally, with the exception of a few hate mongers, I would like to see an end to all casualties of this war.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  04:37:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

So I guess the Bush administration is not going to make this guy a super star either?

quote:
The U.S. military today released new information about Abu Musab Zarqawi's successor, quickly elevating the stature of the Egyptian militant whom is said in Internet postings to be the new head of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

As callous as it may seem, my hope is that Mr. al-Muhajer recent promotion quickly becomes a DEAD end job.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.