Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  19:53:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

My own theory, based upon Coulter's rather masculine and robust frame...
What have you been smoking? Ann's got the build of Paul Reubens, without the slapstick charm. Although some seem to think her Adam's Apple is justification for calling her "Mann Coulter" or "Dann Coulter."

But, you want to see a woman with a "masculine and robust frame," click here.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  22:14:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

My own theory, based upon Coulter's rather masculine and robust frame...
What have you been smoking? Ann's got the build of Paul Reubens, without the slapstick charm. Although some seem to think her Adam's Apple is justification for calling her "Mann Coulter" or "Dann Coulter."

But, you want to see a woman with a "masculine and robust frame," click here.

Indeed, I might have expressed that better. By "frame," I was thinking of her heavy, bony skeletal frame, which indeed is lacking in either graceful athletic musculature or the feminine grace of a smoothing adipose layer.

(I would NOT want to argue with the woman whose picture you linked.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  02:06:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Many think she's an alien.

http://www.comics.com/editoons/luckovich/archive/luckovich-20060610.html

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  05:38:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Coulter writ sane.....
quote:
Pointless

Feeding the Ultimate Troll

Allan Uthman

I managed to stop caring about what Ann Coulter says a couple of years ago. It was easy somehow—like finally walking away from a boring ass who's wasted half your night already bending your ear at a party. Once in a while, I'll peek at the first couple of paragraphs of one of her alarmingly well-published columns, but I never have the stomach, or the time, to bother finishing them. If I see her on television, I change the channel reflexively. Life is too short.

But it's been dismaying this past couple of weeks to watch the ease with which Coulter has whipped up yet another media frenzy in time for the release of her new book. And no, it is not a demonstration of media savvy. It doesn't take a PR expert to know that if you lob bricks at people they're likely to get angry.

Unsurprisingly, Ann's last three columns have been nothing more than promos for her book. They are even more disjointed and juvenile than usual, and artlessly provocative, the rhetorical equivalent of a hot fudge sundae dropped onto an outfielder from the visiting team. A line from her June 14th column, exemplifies what I'm talking about:

Agreeing with Uthman, I really don't see the attraction in her writings. She is a mere hack; unimaginative, humorless, and barely coherent. And accusations of plagiarism, that single, greatest sin of the scrivner, pursue her like feral dogs following the gut wagon to the rendering plant.

Like a pus-oozing chancre, she is not the disease in and of herself. Rather, she is a symptom of a much greater illness: that of the treasonous neoconservative/religious right's ambitions for totalitarian government, the rulers of which would be their representatives, and their's alone. She is merely one of their vacuous mouthpieces; shrill and grating, and not really very well organized. Thus, her repetitious blather and outright plagiarism (it's been documented) stems from a lack of ability to find her own voice in support of her masters -- in short: stupidity.

How dare this anorexic, utter ignoramus comment on the ToE? She obviously knows nothing about it and cares less. In here, we get a lot more honesty from Bill Scott and verlch, et.al.

Eh, fuck Coulter (you, not me -- *shudder*).

I had a small 'tater cooked with a tabasco pepper, an egg, and a scrap of lean, home-smoked shoulder for breakfast.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.