I've been saved!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  15:17:33  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
Sorry I've not been participating as much as I should have here in the past few weeks. I was vacationing with my extended family in Europe. Woo-hoo!!

To business: yesterday while waiting for a city bus that would take me home, I was confronted by a tall Asian man with dark glasses. he said, "Do you know of the greatness of God?"

Because I had not been arguing with the crazies around here, And because it was possible that he had come from the nearby Scientology church I responded, "No, I'm an atheist, aren't you?" (I had both read Things Fall Apart and visited the Pergamon Museum not long before this encounter so I felt as though I could list all sorts of gods that he didn't believe in.) unfortionatly the conversation did not go that way. he attested that there were demons all over and that they were controlling people to make them cause evil. At this point I have to admit that I was not paying that much attention. he had gotten fairly close to me to pray for my immortal soul, and I was trying to watch his hands and make sure I still had my wallet. he left without any trouble.

this may have been a very pointless story, but I was wondering whether anyone else has any good ones.

I will be on a month long canoe trip, starting Monday, so I will not be able to post after that. But when I get back I should have some mighty bad-ass pictures of eastern Ontario

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  19:22:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
Eastern Ontario Canada? If so that's where I live. Where will you be canoeing? Hope you have fun.

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.