New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  15:23:05  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
okay guys,
despite the fuked-up-ed-ness of this site, I find it kinda funny.
http://www.thetruthforyouth.com/

watch the enhanced intro, then read some of the comics, "if you dare!!!"

you can see them claim that school shootings, drug abuse, etc. are all caused by the lack of prayer in school. and that condoms have a 20% falure rate. Fuckers.

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams

Edited by - trogdor on 07/22/2006 15:33:47

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  18:47:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I can show that all of that (except the condom "fact") was caused when "under God" was added to the Pledge.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 07/22/2006 18:47:32
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  19:59:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
Ah, But can you put all of that onto a website that tries to sell products to brainwash youth?

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  20:03:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Nope...if I could I probably would be too busy wiping my ass with C notes than posting here.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

lpecucci

6 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  17:05:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit lpecucci's Homepage Send lpecucci a Private Message
Gotta love the lyrics to the "song" in the rock music comic!

"Let me into your monkey BRAIN!!!!"

I gotta put music to that!
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  17:37:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor

okay guys,
despite the fuked-up-ed-ness of this site, I find it kinda funny.
http://www.thetruthforyouth.com/

watch the enhanced intro, then read some of the comics, "if you dare!!!"

you can see them claim that school shootings, drug abuse, etc. are all caused by the lack of prayer in school. and that condoms have a 20% falure rate. Fuckers.

You're right, it was funny, and scary.

I paticularly liked the bible for soldiers banner at the top of the page. Of all the extra items a soldier may choose to lug into harms way, I'm pretty sure some archaic text would not make it into even the top 100 "useful things" list.

quote:

I'm praying that you will partner with Revival Fires International in this vitally important, “BIBLES FOR OUR TROOPS” project. We must help provide Bibles for our soldiers now serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. WE MUST NOT LET THEM DOWN!

Our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan should not be sent into battle without Bibles!
Each box has 25 Bibles in it. The Bibles cost only $4.00 each to print. The shipping is free…by air-lift, on military transports.

Why, I ask, why?

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  18:06:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Welcom to the SFN, lpecucci!

quote:
quote:
I'm praying that you will partner with Revival Fires International in this vitally important, “BIBLES FOR OUR TROOPS” project. We must help provide Bibles for our soldiers now serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. WE MUST NOT LET THEM DOWN!

Our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan should not be sent into battle without Bibles!
Each box has 25 Bibles in it. The Bibles cost only $4.00 each to print. The shipping is free…by air-lift, on military transports.

Why, I ask, why?

Maybe to use as body/tank armor? Bibles are fairly thick.

As for the site, I got through one comic, but then I couldn't take any more.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  09:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
Same here. Yesh, and I thought the church propaganda was bad when I was growing up.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  11:51:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

Welcom to the SFN, lpecucci!

quote:
quote:

Why, I ask, why?

Maybe to use as body/tank armor? Bibles are fairly thick.

As for the site, I got through one comic, but then I couldn't take any more.

And the pages make excellent cigarette papers. They're just the right thickness.... Nothing like a good toke of Genesis to sooth the nerves, eh?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.