1 Post

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  10:01:33  Show Profile Send jlawrence a Private Message
Deleted spam…

Kil

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  12:38:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jlawrence

Hello from NY

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. New in these parts and hope to talk with everyone more!

Joey
FREE Mr Clean Magic Erasers

Greetings Joey and welcome to SFN! Looking forward to your input..

I think I'll pass on the Magic Erasers. I like my magic to be clear and bold, and unmistakable -- it certainly doesn't need erasing.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  14:09:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Well, Joey, welcome to SFN.

Me, I like my magic evidenced. The use of the face of a respected "authority" figure such as Mr. Clean implies that he either endorses the claim of magic, or has performed it himself. But "appeal to authority" is a classic form of false argument.

After all, do we even know that Mr. Clean's visage was used in this instance with his knowledge that it would be used to support a supernatural claim? Even if so, is Mr. Clean a scientist, capable of skeptically investigating paranormal claims? What are Mister Clean's academic credentials? Where is his peer-reviewed paper, in which he cites the results of a double-blind study?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But all you've given us is Mr. Clean's bald pate and suspiciously smiling face.

Are you just another drive-by poster, dropping an extraordinary, unsubstantiated claim upon us, then skipping away? Or are you trying to establish the divinity or sainthood of Mr. Clean by claiming his performance of miracles?

Mr. Clean or not, Magic Erasers are probably better fare for woo-woo sites than our skeptical forums.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/01/2006 14:38:58
Go to Top of Page

omar55

5 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  11:02:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send omar55 a Private Message
How can we do
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  11:14:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by omar55

How can we do

Isn't that the age-old question that humanity has been trying to answer forever? I have no idea, personally. If you come up with an answer, I hope you'll post it here.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  12:03:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by omar55

How can we do

We do how we can.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.