Posted - 08/03/2006 :  03:47:48  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I found this to be of some interest.
quote:
INNER AWARENESS
No conflict between religion and the paranormal

By Jaime Licauco
Inquirer
Last updated 01:17am (Mla time) 08/01/2006

Published on Page C2 of the August 1, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

HERE are the rest of Julian Qua's questions about my work in parapsychology or psychic research:

What is the Inner Mind Development Institute?

It is a small organization I established in 1988 aimed at expanding people's consciousness and hastening their evolution. It develops and conducts training programs and workshops to develop people's inner mental faculties and powers. The institute is open to any man or woman regardless of color, race, religion or political beliefs.

What gave you the idea to establish the institute?

My background is business management. I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years, specializing in human resources, management training and development, as well as consultancy.

As head of human resources, I've seen the utter failure of many industrial training programs that address only the employees' outer mind and external behavior. Nothing was done to train their consciousness or inner faculties.
I sought to correct that weakness by developing programs that would train people's inner minds and enhance their innate powers or abilities for practical purposes.

How would you key in religion with the paranormal?

I see no conflict nor incompatibility between religion and paranormal phenomena. As a matter of fact, all religions, whether Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism or Christianity, started with a paranormal phenomenon, with a vision or contact with a supernatural or divine being.

Since I believe that “truth is one,” it cannot contradict itself. Truth is truth whether it comes from God or the devil himself.

I think the problem lies in the erroneous assumption, especially by Christian religious authorities, that everything that is paranormal or supernatural must come from the dark side. This is not true at all.

Even Jesus Christ performed so many paranormal wonders, like when he predicted the future, read people's minds, healed the sick, walked on water, changed water into wine and revived the dead. Calling them miracles does not change their paranormal nature.

How does science fit with the mystical and paranormal?

And so forth -- read on to find out how science really should work, and all kinds of othet, neat booswah.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  14:44:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I certainly agree that there is no inherent conflict between religion and the paranormal. They are similar, and quite false, beliefs. But when these woo-woos try to tell scientists how to do science, this is nonsense. They would obviously prefer that scientists give them slack, and not demand evidence for claims of miracles and the paranormal. Fat chance.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.