Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  22:41:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I'd say Islamo-facists is very likely a Rove re-invention for the upcoming election. 'Terrorist' is beginning to wear thin as more and more people notice it is a tactic not a group and fighting 'them' has no end point.

The more that's come out about the current arrests, the more I laugh at Chertoff and Gonzales trying to take credit for what looks like a purely Pakistani-British operation. Gonzales had to claim the spying the admin has been doing on average citizens, "is working". Lying bunch of dicks.

Egad, I'm adopting the board language.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  22:44:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

The president SHOULD be doing a better job, because that is what we pay him to do.

If he wasn't so busy robbing us blind and consolidating executive power maybe he would have some time to concentrate on the actual governing of the country.

And there is just no comparison to this fucking shrub of a president to Gore, Kerry, or any of the last 10 presidents. Bush is a sub-par, below average intellect. He is a dry drunk (maybe dry, who knows). He is the single most clueless imbecile to ever be appointed president of this country. He physically assaults leaders of other nations, he speaks demeaningly to the British PM (Yo Blair!, with a mouthful of food), he has only the most simplistic grasp of what he is supposed to be doing.... He is a disgrace, and I am disgusted and embarrassed that this "C" student is the leader of my country.

Dude, I didn't know you had that in you. Very good description.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  22:50:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Original_Intent

Come on...... 6 years? So Clinton did a good job then? So Reagen's cutting and running from Beruit, arming Iraq? Arming the Taliban? Carter beiing so pathetic to allow the hostages to sit there? Such blatent cowardice in the face of the enemy that Russia went into Afganistan? Kerry would have done a better job? Gore?

The president could be doing a damn better job, but why should he break from recent tradition?

Joe

Wow, there's a lot to address there. I think I'll wait for some more specifics but one quick note for now. The "blowback" as it is called is from a century or more of treating people like cannon fodder in order to assure US and British corporations had the ability to exploit natural resources all over the world. But in the incompetence arena, none of our former presidents (from Nixon on I am familiar with so no comment on those before that) hold a candle to the blathering idiot and the Neocon advisors we have now.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  01:21:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
The last four? How about all of them?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Zbignew_Brzezinski

quote:
Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn't believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don't regret anything today?
Brzezinski: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.
Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?
Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?
Le Nouvel Observateur, Interview with Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski, Paris, January 15-21, 1998, translated by Bill Blum - [4] (http://www.counterpunch.org/brzezinski.html)

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 08/12/2006 01:22:18
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  06:16:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
We have not had a president in my lifetime worth a grain of salt, and they are getting worse. I agree, all presidents should be doing a better job, because that is what we pay them for. But why should that be any difirent then any other government entity........ I just forgot my sarcasm tags on the last comment.

Yeah, so he is a shrub, Kerry was a tomato, Clinton was another plant...... The excesses of Clinton led to Bush. It should be easy enough to beat Bush if they can find a candidate that isn't another plant or tool.

The Republican party has the neo-cons, which is not good. The Democrats have the far left, and pander to Sharpton and Jacson, and have Michael Moore and Howard Dean....

Please folks. The people get what they want, not what they need. Hell, they don't even get what they want, just a choice between two losers with connections.

Don't hate the players, hate the game.......

Joe

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  12:58:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
And your solution to this problem is?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  13:04:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I wholeheartedly agree with those who say Bush is the worst President in memory. Even Nixon was at least intelligent, and was hard-working. And Tricky Dick wasn't without accomplishments: Nixon wrapped up the Vietnam War, opened China to the world, and had the immensely good sense to know when to resign. Only Reagan approached Bush's laziness or hypocrisy. Approached, but did not match.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  18:37:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I wholeheartedly agree with those who say Bush is the worst President in memory. Even Nixon was at least intelligent, and was hard-working. And Tricky Dick wasn't without accomplishments: Nixon wrapped up the Vietnam War, opened China to the world, and had the immensely good sense to know when to resign. Only Reagan approached Bush's laziness or hypocrisy. Approached, but did not match.
Because I was too young to pay attention (or care), was Regan intelligent? It's hard to get a sense from video clips and the like. Bush I-- like him or not-- was a smart guy. You got the sense from listening to him. And Clinton is really smart. Even now in interviews-- his command of what's going on is vast, and you can tell he's been thinking seriously about things.

Kerry did come off as being a little odd, but he also seemed smart. And Gore got hosed by the media, because he's not only smart but far more engaging than the robot stereotype he kept trying to shake. But Bush II-- I honestly cringe when I hear him talk. Especially when he's talking without a teleprompter. It's a disater in motion.

You get the impression that if one were to ask what he meant by "islamo-fascist" Bush would have no idea where to begin.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.