Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  17:03:36  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO: Just THIS In....

Rep. Harris' Religious Remarks Draw Ire 4:41 p.m. ET

MIAMI (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris told a religious journal that separation of church and state is ''a lie'' and God and the nation's founding fathers did not intend the country be ''a nation of secular laws.''. (Go to the NYTs/AP headline web site for all of this amazing story)

Orwellingly Yurz sez:

Yes, Congresswoman Harris; just like God DID intend for you and the rest of the Jeb Bush government to steal an election for G. War.

Tom Jefferson and James Madison are surely doing The Twist in their graves.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  17:07:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message

You should post links with your little blurbs.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  21:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

You should post links with your little blurbs.

If you don't know how, it is in the FAQ

click the world icon to post the link.

This gives you url inside square brackets twice. You can just past the URL in between these sets of [], but it is ugly. A better way is to insert ="" after url inside the first set of brackets and then paste the link in between the quotation marks thusly
url="http://gobbledygook" Between the two sets of square bracets type something that makes sense like this ]NYT Article[

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  14:37:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Harris has "clarified" her comments:

quote:
Harris' campaign released a statement Saturday saying she had been "speaking to a Christian audience, addressing a common misperception that people of faith should not be actively involved in government."

Well, I feel all better now!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  14:41:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Here is the whole article where she originally belched:

quote:
But the real issue is why should Baptists care, why should people care? If you are not electing Christians, tried and true, under public scrutiny and pressure, if you're not electing Christians then in essence you are going to legislate sin. They can legislate sin. They can say that abortion is alright. They can vote to sustain gay marriage. And that will take western civilization, indeed other nations because people look to our country as one nation as under God and whenever we legislate sin and we say abortion is permissible and we say gay unions are permissible, then average citizens who are not Christians, because they don't know better, we are leading them astray and it's wrong. ...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 08/27/2006 14:42:37
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  16:42:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I wish I had control of that Orbital Mind Control Laser...
What good could I not do with it?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  18:30:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Al Franken makes fun of Harris on a regular basis. The woman is totally whacko. How sad she was in a position to manipulate the FL election outcome. Just think how different the world would be right now if it wasn't for her and a few other key people.
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  19:40:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Al Franken makes fun of Harris on a regular basis. The woman is totally whacko. How sad she was in a position to manipulate the FL election outcome. Just think how different the world would be right now if it wasn't for her and a few other key people.

Yep, if there had never been a Clinton, then there would never have been a whiplash that lead to Bush, that leads to another whiplash to another curropt immoral Dem, and another to another immoral curropt Rep, and back and forth into it all falls down.............

Peace
Joe

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  21:00:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I take issue with that to some degree. Clinton screwed up but was re-elected. Gore won Bush but was defeated by the election being close and the FL events.

Clinton's BJ may have brought out the Bush base that they also court with anti-gay and anti-abortion rhetoric. An effective campaign could have thwarted that Rove technique. An effective campaign didn't happen.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 08/29/2006 21:01:40
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  20:25:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO: Oh God, please don't let there ensue a "back and forth" between two opposing skeptics regarding whether Bill Clinton's getting a blowjob in the Oval Office is more serious than the unconsitutional freakshow that's been center stage since the Supreme Court' GOP basketball team gave the election to Chuckle Nutz.

Amen....and OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  04:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Orwellingly Yurz

YO: Oh God, please don't let there ensue a "back and forth" between two opposing skeptics regarding whether Bill Clinton's getting a blowjob in the Oval Office is more serious than the unconsitutional freakshow that's been center stage since the Supreme Court' GOP basketball team gave the election to Chuckle Nutz.

Amen....and OY!

Noone said anything about a blowjob. I didn't say anything about perjury, Unconstitutional surveilence of political rivals, "no controlling legal authority," adultry, poor character, or any of the other scandals. I simply pointed out that the whiplash from this led to an energizing of many folks.

Now, if the Dems could pick someone that was worth a grain of salt, it shouldn't be hard to beat the GOP in the next race for "King of Curroption."

Here is another helpful hint that would go a loooooooong way. The "red" states can see the obvious disdain of the "blue" states.

Peace
Joe
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:11:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Original_Intent

Yep, if there had never been a Clinton...
Peace
Joe

So what do you think of Katherine Harris? Or are you just going to follow the Republican playbook of always distracting from any criticism of a fellow Republican, no matter how deserving, by jumping on the faults of the opposition?

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  14:18:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
I have no use for Harris.

My crititisizm was of beskeptagals "Just think how different the world would be right now if it wasn't for her and a few other key people." Most of my critisicms are pointed torward hypocracies, pollyanna attitudes, Clinton worshiping, fortune telling.

I find it amazing I get criticized for criticizing the defence of the previous administrations' curroption is that it wasn't as bad as the curroption of this administration. That the Clinton administration violated the constitution less then this one. That the cheating in the elections is a matter for sadness not because there was cheating, but because the GOP cheated better then the Dems.

I despise them both, I am not defending anything he, Bush, has done..... But come on, how can any skeptic seriously defend Clinton. Is it degrees of curroption? Is it degrees of working outside of the constitution?

Say it for me, I know you can... Just change Bush is a real scumbag to Clinton is a real scumbag. I'll even start, and give you a little extra:
Clinton is a scumbag, he is not as big a scumbag as Bush, and is definitly way, way, way (to infinity) smarter then Bush, but he is still a scumbag.

Peace
Joe
Edited by - Original_Intent on 09/06/2006 14:21:29
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  18:54:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
All I see here is a lot of lopsided near-pathological hatred for Clinton, with a few grains of 'Bush & Harris are no better.' (Clinton was not running against Bush in Florida. Al Gore ran against Bush.) I don't need a self-righteous anti-Gore tirade. Please don't bother, I'm not interested.

Whether you like it or not, or intend it or not, you're promoting Bush. Clinton is out of the picture. Bush is here and is irrational. Yes, Clinton was smarter. He was also a much better president.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  18:57:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Say it for me, I know you can... Just change Bush is a real scumbag to Clinton is a real scumbag. I'll even start, and give you a little extra:
Clinton is a scumbag, he is not as big a scumbag as Bush, and is definitly way, way, way (to infinity) smarter then Bush, but he is still a scumbag.

Clinton is irrelevant. Bush, being the shrub in the oval office, is relevant.

Your continued insistance on bringing up past issues, and pretending that they somehow are relevant to the present, is becomming tiresome.

Besides, If you put the "scumbagness" of the two of them on a balance, Bush's would easily weigh 10 times more than Clinton's.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  04:12:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

quote:

Clinton is irrelevant. Bush, being the shrub in the oval office, is relevant.

Your continued insistance on bringing up past issues, and pretending that they somehow are relevant to the present, is becomming tiresome.

Besides, If you put the "scumbagness" of the two of them on a balance, Bush's would easily weigh 10 times more than Clinton's.

It is relevent. Clinton gave us Bush. Bush s going to give us someone else. Gore should have sent Bush back to Texas in 2000.

And thank you for joining the Clinton and Bush are both scumbags ranks. It has been lonely.......

Joe's Rule # 4 for the Dems to take it back: Dump Sharpton and Jackson. The "red" states despise them both. If it is just to pander the black vote or a true attempt at race relations, replace with Cosby and Will Smith.

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.