Medical Community is Hiding Cure for Cancer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr Shari
Skeptic Friend

135 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  15:48:02  Show Profile Send Dr Shari a Private Message
Perhaps this should go under the conspiracy theory forum but I decided to put it here.
Do you know how many times I have heard that the pharmaceutical companies and the medical community have the cure for cancer (or name any disease) but we are hiding it because that is how we make our money? If I a dime for every time I have heard that I wouldn't have had to become an MD to make my money.
When our families no longer die from disease or we ourselves do not drop dead from heart attacks then you should get suspicous.

As many of you have read I have terminal leukemia. Yet no one has come forward and offered me some secret cure. Somehow I missed the memo that said: We have cured all diseases but to keep our incomes up we aren't telling anyone. We will make just enough people better to give the rest of the poor suckers enough hope that they will continue to give us thier money.
Pretty ridiculous isn't it? Yet the myth continues.
My next favorite theory is that "all natural" cures and herbs are discouraged by us because we get paid under the table to prescribe drugs to keep the pharmaceutical companies profits up. Does anyone realize that the comapnies that sell those "all natural herbal medicines" are traded on the NYSE right next to the pharmaceutical companies? In my practice I have recommended herbals that have been tested and have proven effective plus has a certified standard for purity and dosage.
I studied Medicine and Pharmacology. Do you want me telling you to try something I heard about on the TV with no hard proof in front of me that it works?
If a patient wants to use other therapies then I urge them at thier own risk to find a person they trust to recommend what products and dosages they should take. Just remember that if something goes wrong on the bottle of the herb or suppliment you are taking is a disclaimer that takes away your right to sue them when you get worse or a family member dies. Unfortunately suing doctors and drug companies has become a national past time.

Donnie B.
Skeptic Friend

417 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  16:38:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Donnie B. a Private Message
I suppose this is the cousin of the theory that the car and oil companies have secret gadgets that would let us all get 200 miles per gallon locked up in their archives. After all, they would cut into their profits.

It just goes to show, you can get some folks to believe anything - literally anything.

-- Donnie B.

Brian: "No, no! You have to think for yourselves!" Crowd: "Yes! We have to think for ourselves!"
Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  17:09:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
quote:
When our families no longer die from disease or we ourselves do not drop dead from heart attacks then you should get suspicous.

EXACTLY!!! Why oh why is this so hard a concept to grasp by the conpiro-nuts?

------------

Sum Ergo Cogito
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  19:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I've spent some time on the Quackwatch mailing list, and some time on the other side. Especially one list (from which I was banned - long story) with the view that they have the cure for all diseases.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DrClark/

"Not one human life should be expended in this reckless violence called a war against terrorism." - Howard Zinn

Edited by - gorgo on 01/06/2002 19:51:34
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  07:34:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Well, since I mentioned DrClark, I resubbed to the list with no problem so far. Be sure and read the testimonials.

"Not one human life should be expended in this reckless violence called a war against terrorism." - Howard Zinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.