How do you say....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  19:41:59  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
Bite me in Spanish?

Peace
Joe

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  20:23:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
I'm on Mexico's side. This fence crap is only happening because of elections, it won't do anything to reform immigration issues, and it is a waste of money and sends a message of "We don't give a damn what you think" to Mexico.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  20:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
Oh yeah, muérdame.

;-)

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  22:35:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO: The fence thing is really about as stupid as any other agenda item since the shit hit the fan in 2000. It again reminds me of creeping fascism. What with the KKK-mentality of our border vigilantes and the corporations running the government in Iraq as well as the U-S, we're getting closer and closer to a Third Reich way of thinking and doing.

The fence will make the US/Mexican border like the Gaza Strip, or the Berlin Wall or the ditch they claim they're going to dig ALL THE WAY AROUND the gigantic city of Baghdad. Saudi Arabia, I think it is, has been making noises about a fence to keep terrorists from coming across the border from the north. Don't look now you Saudi folks, but most of the world's terrorists seem to be getting their initiation in blowing up themselves and other people in your rich and royal country.

I really hate to say this, but all this absurdity that keeps emanating from the White House and congress over the past six years only makes me think that the good, old USA, land that I love, is slipping in status, importance and the ability and desire to set good examples for other nations as it has over past decades. I remember when we used to set the standard by which other nations conducted themselves.

Today's nuclear...er, rather noo-kyuh-luhr, test by the wackos in North Korea only happened because the Bush Administration has refused to negotiate with Kim Jong Duh since the Clinton administration passed on to Bush the job of continuing to keep North Korea from doing what it did today. And would you believe the same thing about a bunch of religious rightwing zealots destroying big buildings in a big eastern city by flying jet passenger planes into them. Gawd, that is too weird for words, right?

I heard on Air America Radio this evening (also posted here under Humor)that the North Korean blast caused Mr. Bush to have another
wargasm. No doubt. It seems this is the only way this guy can get his ashes hauled.

Add to that a report by Keith Olbermann this evening on MSNBC that the corporation who sold nuclear reactor parts to North Korea back in the late 90's had a fellow on its board by the name of Donald S. Rumsfeld. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'd tend to bet money that it is.

It is totally insane that what is finally starting to move some of this 30-some percent of Americans from thinking that George W. Bush is such a great president is a Republican house member trying to get in the trousers of some teenage male pages. And wouldn't you friggin' know it: the crazy bastard is from FLORIDA! We can't make up this shit, I tell you!

Some times I feel like a soul blowing solo when the world that seems so obvious to me is utterly invisible to so many others. It does me some good to read the nutty yet sane stuff most Skeptical Friends post here on a daily basis.

I'm going to see the documentary, "The U-S vs John Lennon" tomorrow night. Imagine!!

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 10/09/2006 22:41:33
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  04:48:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
That's what I get for my "post and run"...........

It isn't the fence so much as Mexico "taking it to the UN." Screw the UN. This is the US, not the UN.

The border does need securing.

Peace
Joe

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  04:51:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Orwellingly Yurz

Today's nuclear...er, rather noo-kyuh-luhr, test by the wackos in North Korea only happened because the Bush Administration has refused to negotiate with Kim Jong Duh since the Clinton administration passed on to Bush the job of continuing to keep North Korea from doing what it did today.............

NK is going to do what NK wnats to do. Bush may have hurried it along, but Clinton fed them while they were doing it. Clinton passed on an agreement already broken by both sides. There is a good discussion on this in another post.

Peace
Joe

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  05:50:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Actually the DPRK has nukes because we have no viable recourse, it has nothing to do with who is or was President. Sorry to inform you but their army is just too damn huge for us to do anything proactive.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  06:33:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Actually the DPRK has nukes because we have no viable recourse, it has nothing to do with who is or was President. Sorry to inform you but their army is just too damn huge for us to do anything proactive.

DPRK ... If one were into pronouncing acronyms this would seem applicable to Kim Jong-Il. That is, in a way that still makes the high schooler in me laugh.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  14:07:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

They have them 'cause they want them and the world never cared enough to stop them.

Yep, their army is huge. Even at a 10:1 ration, that's 100,000 casualties. Everyday they add efficiency through technology. Just another leftover problem from many years ago. I still think that it is not a big a problem as the reaction to it. However, if it is, the blood-debt will be paid with compound intrest.

Peace
Joe

Edited by - Original_Intent on 10/11/2006 14:29:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.