Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 Remember AIG's "tribute" to Steve Irwin??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  17:30:51  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is worse!

No subtlties or pulled punches here! Evolution is responsible for school shootings!

I can't even find words to describe this crap...

All I can say is maybe Ham should wonder why this stuff doesn't happen so much in countries where creationists are NOT running around with this nonesense, and where evolution and science is taught!

Isn't this how cults work? Make people think that they have NO worth at all, unless they believe the party line? What an emotional hook, eh?

Maybe they've gone far enough that people will start to see just how much they're desperate to smear a scientific idea. (then again, maybe not)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 10/11/2006 17:33:12

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  17:57:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
Evolution is not even taught in schools anyway! The teachers are too afraid of the parents to even step near it.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  15:06:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:

If the Bible isn't true, then why should we be fair and kind and love our fellow human beings, as the Bible teaches? After all, evolution relies on survival of the fittest—no matter who gets in the way.

How many lies can you find in that one quote alone? Ken Ham is complete moron.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  22:27:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
I think that most people don't really care about whatever little they happen to know about evolution (I doubt that most people really give much thought to stuff like that). Also, I'm not at all convinced that understanding basic science turns you into a massmurderer. And even if science leads to poor morals and the Bible-God leads to good morals, let us talk about the morals of Bible-God... I mean, while we're on the topic of insane murderers.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Edited by - Maverick on 10/14/2006 22:28:52
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  18:24:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Around the world, senseless violence destroys lives because some people no longer value life.

And yet many of those people, perhaps 90%, profess a belief in a god. Ham is a deeply disturbed man.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.