Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  13:24:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

quote:
I spelled out my criteria of what I would expect from an effective leader, and what I would reject.

Right, who cares if the guy up for IC leader flunked a basic IQ test on the subject, it's only national security. And besides, his advisers are really running the show, whoever they are.

quote:
GWB's lack of knowledge when elected in 2000 has been discussed without refutation on your part.

For one, I never refuted it because I believe much of it to be so. Two, GWB was not the topic. The topic was on the new congress and their pledge to clean up the house, only to nominate an ethically challenged majority leader, and then a IC flunky as commite leader, right out of the gate. I was simply amazed at how many brushed this aside by pointing out that GWB can't find Africa on the globe and that his wife must tie his shoes for him.

quote:
And I did not mention GWB. If you consider fear mongering ideologue to be a fair representation of GWB or members of his staff, then so be it.

Who were you referring to then?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  15:04:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott...
quote:
Originally posted by me...

Keeping in mind that being supportive and/or giving one a chance isn't the same thing as giving a free pass, demonstrate that anyone here has given the Democrats a free pass.
You have. The topic is how Nancy passes over more qualified candidates, for of all things the IC leader, and you continue to rant on about GWB.
You're a liar, Bill, unless you can show where I've given the Democrats a free pass. Or maybe your language skills are so totally deficient that you don't understand what the term "free pass" means to most people in general conversation. Hard to tell with you sometimes. You're a pretty lousy communicator.

And how about you knock off all that misrepresenting what other people say, building straw men, lying, and whining for just a minute and let us know who you would select to be the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and why?
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  16:46:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:
You're a liar, Bill,

No, you ranted on, off topic, about GWB.

quote:
unless you can show where I've given the Democrats a free pass.

The topic was the flunky IC nominee and you insisted on rambling on about GWB's short comings instead.

quote:
And how about you knock off all that misrepresenting what other people say, building straw men, lying, and whining

*yawn*

quote:
for just a minute and let us know who you would select to be the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and why?

You answer your own question first.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  17:45:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
quote:

unless you can show where I've given the Democrats a free pass.
The topic was the flunky IC nominee and you insisted on rambling on about GWB's short comings instead.

You, Bill, have been constantly insisting that people here are giving the Democrats a free pass...
quote:

Quit giving the dems a free pass just because their not GB.

[. . .]

Do not give the dems a free pass simply because they are not Bush is my message

[. . .]

Don't give the dems a free pass simply for not being pubs.

[. . .]

My point is that we should not give the dems a free pass because of this.

[. . .]

In other words, you want anybody but GWB, and your willing to give the dems a free pass simply because they are not GWB.

And you apparently aren't able back up your claim with any sort of evidence. You're a liar.
quote:
quote:

for just a minute and let us know who you would select to be the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and why?
You answer your own question first.

Regarding Reyes being chosen as the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, you stated, "... others, with more knowledge, could have been chosen." I asked you who you believed would have been a better choice, but now you're apparently unable to support that claim, too. So far you're all mouth and no substance, Bill. Are you ever going to stop whining and start suggesting solutions to what you perceive as problems? I predict you won't.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  20:27:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:
You, Bill, have been constantly insisting that people here are giving the Democrats a free pass...

I agree.

quote:
And you apparently aren't able back up your claim with any sort of evidence.

quote:
You're a liar.

*yawn*

quote:
Regarding Reyes being chosen as the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, you stated, "... others, with more knowledge, could have been chosen." I asked you who you believed would have been a better choice, but now you're apparently unable to support that claim, too. So far you're all mouth and no substance, Bill. Are you ever going to stop whining and start suggesting solutions to what you perceive as problems?

Jane Harman

quote:
I predict you won't.

I just did. Now you do the same.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  21:03:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

quote:

I spelled out my criteria of what I would expect from an effective leader, and what I would reject.

Right, who cares if the guy up for IC leader flunked a basic IQ test on the subject, it's only national security. And besides, his advisers are really running the show, whoever they are.

I have already addressed what I would consider attributes of an effective leader. Therefore, I have already addressed this.
quote:

quote:

And I did not mention GWB. If you consider fear mongering ideologue to be a fair representation of GWB or members of his staff, then so be it.

Who were you referring to then?

Admittedly, I was talking about GWB and his staff only because they are recent and clear example of poor leaders. Mentioning Jim D. or Amir E., two of the worst managers I have ever worked for, would have taken too many words to explain. So I went with the familiar eliminating the need to mention any names.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  21:42:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
quote:

I agree.

We all agree that you have continued to make the claim. But your claim that people here are giving Democrats a free pass is without basis in truth, therefore you are a liar.

quote:
quote:

And you apparently aren't able back up your claim with any sort of evidence.

Suggesting that I have been critical of George W. Bush does not constitute evidence that anyone here has been giving the Democrats a free pass. And of course I haven't been rambling about Bush's shortcomings. So again you've lied.

quote:
quote:

Regarding Reyes being chosen as the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, you stated, "... others, with more knowledge, could have been chosen." I asked you who you believed would have been a better choice, but now you're apparently unable to support that claim, too. So far you're all mouth and no substance, Bill. Are you ever going to stop whining and start suggesting solutions to what you perceive as problems?
Jane Harman

And why do you consider her a better choice to chair a committee?

quote:
quote:

I predict you won't.
I just did. Now you do the same.

I can't imagine why you'd think I have any obligation to suggest solutions to things which you consider problems.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  04:15:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Thought maybe I'd missed something so I went back and reread the CNN article.

Nope, I had it straight, so I must ask: How exactly, was this informal quiz an "IQ test?"

I have no idea why Pelosi chose Reyes over the others. Could be that he has qualifications beyond knowing al Qaeda trivia. Could be she's paying back or offering a political favor, or some such sleeze. At this point, it is much too soon to start either cutting up or praising anyone. I'll save my venom for when the rats actually come out.

By the bye, how many here knew that bin Laden was a Sunni (I did, but I already knew that most if not all Saudis are Sunni Muslims).

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  06:05:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:
We all agree that you have continued to make the claim. But your claim that people here are giving Democrats a free pass is without basis in truth, therefore you are a liar.

*yawn*

quote:
Suggesting that I have been critical of George W. Bush does not constitute evidence that anyone here has been giving the Democrats a free pass.

It suggests that you have. Now I agree that rambling on about GWB in and of itself does not equal a free pass for dems, however, rambling about GWB, off topic, is a red flag for obvious bias, when the topic is the flunky offered up by the dems to head our IC.

From your first post:

quote:
George W. Bush and the team he surrounds himself with are proven fuck-ups.

We know for a fact that the current administration has problems with intelligence, problems which have cost billions of dollars and thousands of American lives.

You, by default, decide to hone in on GWB, when questionable behavior by the dems is pointed out and is the topic, apparently to somehow justify, or gloss over, the dems questionable behavior. Free pass, turning a blind eye, justifying, what ever you want to call it. It's bias, and it's rather obvious.

quote:
And of course I haven't been rambling about Bush's shortcomings. So again you've lied.

Nope. As I just pointed out, in your first comment on this thread you try to highjack the topic and make this about GWB when it was about Flunky IC head. So that makes you a liar.

quote:
And why do you consider her a better choice to chair a committee?

For one, she can pass a basic test on the main job description with flying colors.

Stein cedes that not all Congress members have failed the quiz.

"Some of the people I've asked these questions have known them," Stein said. "Zoe Lofgren, the ranking Democrat on the intelligence subcommittee of the House Homeland Security Committee, knew it very well. [Rep.] Jane Harman, too. She kind of rolled her eyes and said, 'Where do you want me to start? Fourteen-hundred years ago there was a split in Islam.' ... And I said, 'OK, you know."

quote:
I can't imagine why you'd think I have any obligation to suggest solutions to things which you consider problems.

I knew that you would not. After all you have no problem with a flunky running the IC.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  06:08:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Thought maybe I'd missed something so I went back and reread the CNN article.

Nope, I had it straight, so I must ask: How exactly, was this informal quiz an "IQ test?"

That was just tongue and cheek on my part.

quote:
I have no idea why Pelosi chose Reyes over the others. Could be that he has qualifications beyond knowing al Qaeda trivia.

Well considering al Qaeda has vowed not to rest until they have blown up the white house, I would ask what could be more important trivia for the IC head then having an understanding of al Queda, the enemy?

quote:
Could be she's paying back or offering a political favor, or some such sleeze. At this point, it is much too soon to start either cutting up or praising anyone. I'll save my venom for when the rats actually come out.

History shows that giving politicians, on either side of the isle, the benefit of the doubt is a failed policy.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  06:57:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
How am I giving the benefit of the doubt? I don't have enough information on the question to even express doubts. Yet.

al Qeada being Sunni is trivia. I'd be willing to bet next months SS check that the vast majority of the US population don't know that they are Sunni. All they see is Muslims and it is all the same to them. Very few, it seems, are interested in any history that is not wrapped in red, white & blue. A sad example of national stupidity.

I suppose that there might be people who don't know that al Qaeda wants to do damage tho the US. They would live in caves and are blind, deaf, and mute. The only question I have is: what is the new IC, who ever it is, going to do about it? We won't find that out until next year.

Heh, GWB, and the Rebublican Party with him, is and has been so easy to beat up, it's almost no fun. And we never have to lie to do it.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  07:44:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
How am I giving the benefit of the doubt? I don't have enough information on the question to even express doubts. Yet.

You seemed to take the stance of wait and see. I say why? More qualified peoples then he were passed over, for an intelligence position! I fail to see the rational behind the nominee.

quote:
al Qeada being Sunni is trivia. I'd be willing to bet next months SS check that the vast majority of the US population don't know that they are Sunni. All they see is Muslims and it is all the same to them.

But the majority of the US population is not running the IC.

quote:
Very few, it seems, are interested in any history that is not wrapped in red, white & blue. A sad example of national stupidity.

It's hard to argue with that point.

quote:
The only question I have is: what is the new IC, who ever it is, going to do about it? We won't find that out until next year.

What other chose do we have?

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  08:02:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:

It suggests that you have. Now I agree that rambling on about GWB in and of itself does not equal a free pass for dems, however, rambling about GWB, off topic, is a red flag for obvious bias, when the topic is the flunky offered up by the dems to head our IC.

[. . .]

You, by default, decide to hone in on GWB, when questionable behavior by the dems is pointed out and is the topic, apparently to somehow justify, or gloss over, the dems questionable behavior. Free pass, turning a blind eye, justifying, what ever you want to call it. It's bias, and it's rather obvious.

[. . .]

After all you have no problem with a flunky running the IC.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Bill, but your extreme distortion of my position makes it obvious you have a problem which hampers the possibility of holding a productive discussion with you. You either have a serious reading disability and you're incapable of understanding what I, and others, have written, or you do understand and you're intentionally misrepresenting what I, and other people, have said, or maybe you're simply incapable of processing your thoughts in a sane and rational manner. If you can learn to communicate effectively, or stop the intentional lying, or straighten out whatever it is that makes you incapable of discussing an issue in a clear and cogent way, you'll find your conversations here take a much more productive tack. Let us know when you're willing, and able, to engage in a rational, honest dialog, will you?
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  09:10:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Bill, but your extreme distortion of my position makes it obvious you have a problem which hampers the possibility of holding a productive discussion with you. You either have a serious reading disability and you're incapable of understanding what I, and others, have written, or you do understand and you're intentionally misrepresenting what I, and other people, have said, or maybe you're simply incapable of processing your thoughts in a sane and rational manner. If you can learn to communicate effectively, or stop the intentional lying, or straighten out whatever it is that makes you incapable of discussing an issue in a clear and cogent way, you'll find your conversations here take a much more productive tack. Let us know when you're willing, and able, to engage in a rational, honest dialog, will you?

My original point still stands. You start rambling about GWB's shortcomings in your very first post when the thread topic is the dems nominee for IC leader, demonstrating your obvious blinding bias.

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  14:23:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:
My original point still stands. You start rambling about GWB's shortcomings in your very first post when the thread topic is the dems nominee for IC leader, demonstrating your obvious blinding bias.

But, even though you have STARTED several threads criticizing Dems, and even though you have yet to start even one thread criticizing the numerous and colossal blunders of the Repubs, you somehow are completely devoid of bias.

Mm-hmm, sure.

Your debating technique is nothing more than "I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?"

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds.