Sex Without Benefit of Clergy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  22:05:43  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO! Just THIS in...

...from CNN

NEW YORK (AP) -- More than nine out of 10 Americans, men and women alike, have had premarital sex, according to a new study. The high rates extend even to women born in the 1940s, challenging perceptions that people were more chaste in the past.

"This is reality-check research," said the study's author, Lawrence Finer. "Premarital sex is normal behavior for the vast majority of Americans, and has been for decades."

Orwellingly Yurz sez:

Just more incisive reasoning on the part of the Bush Administration to expect the public not to use contraception and employ abstinence to avoid pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. (Such thinking would also cause someone to believe that sending an additional 30,000 troops to Baghdad could stop a centuries-old sectarian tribal war.)

I digress. I think Dr. Kinsey was trying to tell much the same thing well before Mr. Finer. And the movie biz people damn near buried the film, "Kinsey," which came out all the waaaaaay back in 2004. "Kinsey" was a good film, but it actually contained a scene where the Kinsey character kisses another male. Can you imagine?

It would be nice if the dorks who work so hard to make our culture seem other than what it really is, would grow-the-fuck-up.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 12/19/2006 23:22:14

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  22:16:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Those Dorks have issues.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 12/19/2006 22:16:33
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  23:34:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
Sex without benefit of clergy?

When I enjoy sex, I definitely do not want a clergyman present. Not. My. Style. (Partner would have choice words to share as well.)

Also, abstinence works. I always abstain from sacred sex and use birth control like the good spaghetti monster intended. Works like a charm.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  00:11:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
My wife and I are both ordained if postmarital sex should ever become an issue.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  06:00:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Sex without benefit of clergy sure sounds better than clergy without benefit of sex.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  06:13:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
*shrug* The only people who don't already know this are the ones who live in hermitages on the Matterhorn. And some of the blinder, aforementioned clergy.

Abstenence works, but who's paying attention? I never did.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  06:42:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

*shrug* The only people who don't already know this are the ones who live in hermitages on the Matterhorn. And some of the blinder, aforementioned clergy.
Are there really 59 054 087 of those?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  07:14:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Are there really 59 054 087 of those?

Nah. They too, know that everybody fucks, in one manner or another. They can't admit it because their cerebrally foundered demi-god won't, even though he certainly did.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  10:20:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
Here's the link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/19/premarital.sex.ap/index.html

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  10:24:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Intersting how this means that a lot of the christian fundies would be included if the 90-95% figure is somewhat true.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 12/20/2006 10:24:52
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  22:04:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO: I'm enjoying the responses to my "sex without benefit of clergy"
post. To give you, probably, more information than you really want to know, I stole that line (the clergy one) from one of my favorite girl friends of the past. She was a wild Cajun who spoke a little French and could whip up that Cajun food like nobody's business. She was also a good writer and poet; and had a great sense of humor.
She wasn't very shy at all, if you get my drift.

She used to utter that line a lot back in the late 60's and into the 70's when all that burning-bra smoke was in the wind and caressing my nostrils.

OY...and then some!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.