New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2006 :  22:56:32  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

"Sometimes people just miss the obvious," says discoverer of so-called Other Guy

Torino, Italy, December 25, 2006, L'Osservatore Romano -- Archaeologist Doctor Arnold Trimm today announced the discovery of the image of an intimate companion of Jesus on the Shroud of Turin. The Shroud is thought by many to be the very cloth in which the body Our Lord Jesus Christ was wrapped after His Crucifixion. Trimm's services had been retained by Cardinal Giovanni Saldarini, Archbishop of Turin, to wash, starch, and iron the Shroud.

"It's may seem difficult to imagine," said Trimm, "but it indeed appears that for all these centuries, none of the millions of people who have looked at the Shroud of Turin has noticed that Jesus is clearly laying next to another man. Well, I saw it right away. See, there's Jesus, and there's the Other Guy. Easy to see, once it's pointed out, isn't it?"

New observation raises troubling questions, at best.

Monsignor Giorgio O'Malley, a spokesman for Cardinal Saldarini, said, "It is an essential tenet of the Holy Mother Church that her priests be as 'Christ-like' as is humanly possible. That now appears to mean we should all be -- not to put too fine a point on it -- actively gay. For many of us in the priesthood, this new manner of emulating Christ will come as a relief, but for a few, it will pose a great challenge."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/26/2006 05:46:42

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  02:44:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
I think this is too raw for "The Onion".

Good one Mooner - keep them coming.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  03:18:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

I think this is too raw for "The Onion".

Good one Mooner - keep them coming.

Thanks, G_S! Well, I finally beat those Onion bastards at something, even if it's just in being "raw." Heh-heh, they've got "standards." Idiots. Not me! If you can't dazzle 'em with quality, just bulldoze 'em with depravity.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/26/2006 03:20:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.