Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  23:35:45  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

US generals & admirals resign as Sweden goes on war footing

The Pentagon, Washington and Stockholm, Sweden, January 13, 2006 (MPS) -- The United States Defense Department today announced the unexpected early retirement of a number of generals and admirals, all of whom had served on a joint military planning council for US forces in western Europe. The list of retirees includes:

Major General Julian Andersson, Rear Admiral Erik Mattson, Brigadier General Peter Hansson, Major General Sven Svensson, Rear Admiral Karin Johnsson, Admiral Arne Axelsson, General Nils Petersson, General Margret Ericksson, Admiral Hjalmar Isaksson, Brigadier General Mandel Karlsson, and Major General Lars Nilsson.

None of the retired generals or admirals would comment, when contacted by reporters.

When asked by one reporter about the apparent predominance of Scandinavian names amongst the retirees, the Pentagon spokesman said that he "hadn't noticed," and that "they all just look like American names to me, and certainly not Swedish in particular."

War preparation in Sweden

Swedish PM, Fredrik Reinfeldt.

Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Sweden has closed its commercial airports and borders, and recalled its ambassador from Washington. Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt has called for a "full national mobilization," with all military reservists being activated, and conscription vastly increased. Swedish Military forces now seving as peacekeepers in Afghanistan have been given orders to redeploy to Gamla Stan, Stockholm.

The assembly hall of the Riksdag is nearly empty,
as most parliamentarians have been conscripted.

Swedish military stands prepared.

The Swedish Bikini Team is conscripted into the Navy.

King addresses Swedes

King Carl XVI Gustaf has addressed his nation of just over nine million on radio and television. The King told the Swedes, "We don't know how, when, or even why President Bush might wish to do so, but recent announcements from the United States have led our intelligence services to deduce that an invasion by that nation is imminent." King Carl XVI Gustaf went on to invite UN inspectors to look for weapons of mass destruction anywhere in Sweden.

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.

First attacks begun?

The initial US attacks may have already begun, according to a Swedish defense source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Psychological warfare: Numerous Swedish soldiers report receiving
mysterious and demoralizing prank calls placed to their cell phones.
Here a soldier in the troll-jungle country near Varberg hangs up on
American-accented caller who got him to look for a "Homer Sexual."

In one such possible attack, the tallest skyscraper in Sweden, which houses the headquarters of the Swedish Air Force, appears to have been viciously twisted by some unknown military weapon, causing no casualties but making it uninhabitable.

Twisted: This military office building in Malmö was severely damaged.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/14/2007 06:19:12

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  07:53:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
LMAO!

This is great!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  07:59:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thank you very much, Mab! The occasional bit of feedback keeps me going.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  08:06:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Mab, I'm sorry in advance if this might offend you, but really. Your King is as goofy looking as is our President. So I just had to get his picture in there somehow.

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:12:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Sweden can take on the US ANYTIME...

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:23:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Mab, I'm sorry in advance if this might offend you, but really. Your King is as goofy looking as is our President. So I just had to get his picture in there somehow.

Yeah... He's had his share of being made fun of. The two greatest differences thought, is that the Swedish King, though dyslexic, has a few magnitudes of active brain cells more than Bush, and that he is mostly powerless so he can't screw anything up, even if he wanted to. Ok, that's three differences then.

Also, your pick of names for the generals... Brigadier General Mandel Karlsson.
Mandel Karlsson is actually a comic-strip character turned album/series, an infantry soldier during around 1930. They even made 8 movies about him.
The creator of the series did his military service 1916-1918, and it is said that many of the officers were based on officers in reality.

Halfmooner, I assume that the name was not an accident, and for that I salute you. It really made my day.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:28:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Also, the headline of the paper that the Swedish PM is reading says:
Star-(something, probably sports-person)
arrested carrying a loaded weapon

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:35:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

Sweden can take on the US ANYTIME...

They have tried for over a year to get that Swedish sub they rented for training purposes.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  19:41:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:

Yeah... He's had his share of being made fun of. The two greatest differences thought, is that the Swedish King, though dyslexic, has a few magnitudes of active brain cells more than Bush, and that he is mostly powerless so he can't screw anything up, even if he wanted to. Ok, that's three differences then.

yAlso, your pick of names for the generals... Brigadier General Mandel Karlsson.
Mandel Karlsson is actually a comic-strip character turned album/series, an infantry soldier during around 1930. They even made 8 movies about him.
The creator of the series did his military service 1916-1918, and it is said that many of the officers were based on officers in reality.

Halfmooner, I assume that the name was not an accident, and for that I salute you. It really made my day.

Well, I was only talking about goofy looking. I never claimed your King is actually as goofy inside as GW Bush. That would take some real doing. Maybe he's just not photogenic. On the bright side, Carl looks pleasant, which is not the impression I get from George W.

Yup, I ran into the cartoon character's name by accident, so had to go back and rename one of my Swedish-American generals after him.

Creating my stories works this way, usually: I have a basic idea, then start researching a bit to fill in details. That's when I find the funny stuff, and always completely by accident. A lot of times it will just be a simple photo that, with the right caption alone, can be forced to be funny. Like the soldier with the "cell phone," and the twisted Malmö building. (I actually found looking at that building on the screen to be disorienting. It must cause some people nausea just to look at it. Cool!) And the Afghanistan-Gamla Stan wordplay. Anyway, the good stuff, if any, is always unplanned.

And probably more Americans know of the Swedish Bikini Team than know of Sweden, though I have no survey to cite.

And Hawks, considering how bogged down we are in Iraq, I'm sure you are right. And I hasten to add I do not advocate the invasion of Sweden. Or Canada. Please don't attack us.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/14/2007 19:54:49
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  19:42:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:

Must admit that I didn't read the names the first time around. I, therefore, missed this one. How, ever did you come up with it, HalfMooner?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  19:48:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

quote:

Must admit that I didn't read the names the first time around. I, therefore, missed this one. How, ever did you come up with it, HalfMooner?

My research follows random patterns, as I am attracted to bright or shiny objects. Just found Mandel by accident. Thought it would add a little hidden insider joke for the Swedes here. (Also, the cartoonist was Swedish-American.)

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  20:15:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

Funny! I was wondering about what he headlines were. Looks like a tabloid-type paper. I did not Photoshop that photo, though someone else might have before posting it on the Web. I might or might not be genuine. But it was the oddest one I could find that wasn't an obvious spoof. The PM's official ones made him look far too good.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/14/2007 20:17:16
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  05:57:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Funny! I was wondering about what he headlines were. Looks like a tabloid-type paper.
It's the sports-section of the second largest nationally distributed daily evening paper.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  06:34:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Ah, sports sections usually look flashy and cheap, like tabloids, regardless of the quality of the newspapers themselves. Same thing here.

Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  21:14:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:

You have that problem too? Or is just another Cincinnati Bengal...

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  00:42:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:

Not as goofy as the future King of England (who is even goofier than he looks).

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.