Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Harun Yahya: Islamic fundyidot attacks France...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  07:15:16  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I haven't heard anything from this headcase in quite some time. But evidently, he's been busy:
quote:
ISLAMIC CREATIONISM INVADES FRANCE (Updated)
An article in yesterday's edition of Le Figaro, the conservative French daily, brings news that a new book written from an Islamic Creationist perspective, ""L'Atlas de la Création" (cover, right) is making waves in France. According to the newspaper, dozens of thousands of free copies of this diatribe against Darwinism were sent from Turkey and Germany to nearly all French schools and universities. The article does not say who paid for this expensive, lavishly-illustrated, 770-page anti-intellectual propaganda tome to be so massively distributed (although it asks the question.). Nor how whomever sent it was able to get a list of the "dozens of thousands" in educational establishments to whom it was individually addressed.

The French Education Ministry reacted by advising all educational establishments that the book does not conform to the national science-based curriculum and "should not be included in the centers of documentation and information in scholarly establishments," and commissioned a dissection and refutation of the book.

The book's pseudonymous author, a Turk named Harun Yahya ( photo left -- real name: Adnan Oktar), makes a number of astonishing claims -- including that Charles Darwin is "the real source of terrorism." For example, a photo of the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers carries a caption reading, "Those who perpetuate terror in the world are in reality the Darwinists. Darwinism is the only philosophy which validates and encourages conflict." Yahya also pretends to portray "the secret links between Darwinism and the bloody ideologies of fascism and communism."

Pretty much typical Yahya -- fancy and expensive, and utterly worthless. Hopefully, the French education system will step on his latest, philosophical cockroach before it can reproduce.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  08:18:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
He's a nutty idiot for sure. One with BIG bucks behind him, too. His beliefs seem to be exactly those of Jack Chick, aside from switching fundy Islam for fundy Christianity, right down to the hatred of Masonry.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/06/2007 08:19:02
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  11:23:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:
Freemasons have played an important role in Europe's alienation from religion, and in its place, the founding of a new order based on the philosophies of materialism and secular humanism

I thought you hade to beilive in some sort of diety to be a Mason.
These idiots never let the facts get in the way of their beliefs though.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  19:27:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

quote:
Freemasons have played an important role in Europe's alienation from religion, and in its place, the founding of a new order based on the philosophies of materialism and secular humanism

I thought you hade to beilive in some sort of diety to be a Mason.
These idiots never let the facts get in the way of their beliefs though.

Well, these idiots say that the actual god the Masons worship is "Baphomet," the same charge the Church made against the Knights Templar when they and the King of France decided to destroy and loot that order. The anti-Mason story goes that the Freemasons are descended from the Templars, and that rank-and-file Masons are unaware of being tricked into worshipping a Satanic demon.

I've been studying way too much Chick Tract paranoia recently. Oh, and the Nazis were the biggest purveyors of this kind of crap. That old Nazi, Fred, that I knew and once mentioned here had an absolute loathing for them -- and for the Jesuits. (Fred died a few months ago, still an unreconstructed, though cautious, Nazi.)

(I would actually join the Masons if they'd have an open Atheist, because I admire their charitable work and their stand for separation of Church and State. But I'd be required to fake the God stuff, so I won't try.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/06/2007 19:31:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.