Humor
 Lies of Beatle Paul
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  06:46:03  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message
Sir Paul McCartney, on "Abbey Road," wrote and sang the lyrics "And in the end, the love you take/ is equal to the love you make."

This is, regrettably, 100% incorrect.

We ARE home.

When we cease to exist we'll take nothing 'cause we ain't goin' anywhere, we just ain't gonna be anymore.....but, 100% less.

Sir Paul, also, is fond of saying "The more you give the more you get" BUT the reality is 'The more you SELL (or steal) the more you get'.

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/users/torhershman/90d9f5ba3317aa1a97de820f31c32d71?index=0

Stay on Groovin' (DNA Jungle) Safari,
TOR

http://torhershman.blogspot.com/

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  08:26:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Hey TOR if you explain what the hell this means:
quote:
Stay on Groovin' (DNA Jungle) Safari

I promise to watch you silly video.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  09:01:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
TOR wrote:
quote:
Sir Paul McCartney, on "Abbey Road," wrote and sang the lyrics "And in the end, the love you take/ is equal to the love you make."

We ARE home.

When we cease to exist we'll take nothing 'cause we ain't goin' anywhere, we just ain't gonna be anymore.....but, 100% less.

Sir Paul, also, is fond of saying "The more you give the more you get" BUT the reality is 'The more you SELL (or steal) the more you get'.
So now you are attacking totally subjective sentiments from pop song lyrics? I mean, you do realize that your criticism here is meaningless in terms of objective reality, right? Once man's joy is another man's suffering and such. While you can argue that those who behave more selfishly tend to have certain advantages, those who behave compassionately have their own advantages. That's why both tendencies evolved in the human species. I think Sir Paul's message is pretty obviously his personal view that being compassionate makes you happier and more fulfilled in life. Material goods are not the only things which human beings can attribute value to.

From the videos you've posted so far, you come off as quite a cynical, bitter person who uses confusing and awkward humor to deal with your own feelings of nihilistic despair.

Also, your video didn't make any sense.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Edited by - marfknox on 02/13/2007 09:02:46
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  10:24:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TOR Hershman
BUT the reality is 'The more you SELL (or steal) the more you get'.
But that doesn't rhyme and has no alliteration, so it would never make it in a song.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  12:40:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Obviously, marf, you don't get it.

Not that I do, either, but TOR is probably using that as a litmus test regarding who here is enlightened and who isn't.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  12:51:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
Damn, I failed to produce a pink color? Well now I am red.

Edited to add:
After watching the video lemme just say.

What in the FcUK was that?

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Edited by - Neurosis on 02/13/2007 12:54:31
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  21:47:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

We ARE home.

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/users/torhershman/90d9f5ba3317aa1a97de820f31c32d71?index=0

TOR

Odd.

So, who's the cute chick in the shower?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  22:02:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:
TOR

Odd.

Personally, Valiant Dancer I think the second "d" in your response may not required.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  22:30:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Well, at least this one was short.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  22:46:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS

Personally, Valiant Dancer I think the second "d" in your response may not required.

Do you mean OD? As in only an OD on drugs could produce such a video?

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.