New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  07:52:45  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
.... for they shalt inherit the Earth, and never realize it.

This month's Landover Baptist mailbag is as close to classic cluelessness as your likely to find. For example:
quote:
I am writing to let you know that you have 48 hours to remove your playstation 3 ad from your website, before I report it to the FBI for fraud. How can you call yourselves a church when you are teaching children to steal and lie? It is absolutely disgusting and is nothing but blasphemy. You should be ashamed of yourselves and hope that when you reach judgement day, God is kind to your sinning souls.

And a new, personal favorite is in reference to this:
quote:
RE: Good News For Christian Video Gamers! Unreal Tournament 2004® Bible Based Maps and Characters are on the Way!

I'm a independent agent writting for UT News. We were wanting to do a Interveiw with Mr. Huxton and follow the work he's done so far on this and whether or not the project was completed. And if not we'd like to be able to offer some support in some of the areas as far as PR goes. Please let us know if this is a possiblity?

And then, there is more of the usual dreck, some of it incomprehensible. I really can't decide if some of these letters are spoofs. I rather suspect that most are not. I mean, it's hard to make shit like this up.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  09:16:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
You know, I wonder what kind of mail the Weekly World News gets? It is clearly a parody of supermarket tabloids. I would love to see their mail… I bet some of it is at least as stupid as the Landover mail…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.