PEBKAC and Browser Evangelism
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:05:14  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
For those of you who aren't already fans of tabbed browsing, today reminded me of another great reason to get with the program.

There are plenty of times when your computer/software does things that seem maliciously designed to ruin your day. Being able to get all your tabs back after a crash, for example, is a wonderful thing.

Today, my problem was self inflicted. I'd written 90% of a moderately lengthy post, was flicking around between tabs looking at search results and such, closing some redundant ones, and accidentally clicked on the little "X" closing my SFN tab, containing my post containing the links to pages I'd already killed.

Argh. Then I remembered, one right click, select "restore last closed tab" and shazzam, not only is the tab back, but all the text I'd entered in the compose message dialog!

Praise be to Mozilla.

Want to get FireFox?

Already converted? Here's a quick link to some keyboard shortcuts and other tips.

John's just this guy, you know.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:25:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I didn't know that about restoring the last-closed tab. I use Firefox, and I now have a new weapon against my own errors! Thanks!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:37:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Has Mozilla fixed this old problem?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  20:13:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Has Mozilla fixed this old problem?

Nope. I've noticed the small post-nested-quotes fonts and used the size tags to fix it. I'm running 2.0.0.1

I might really try and nail it down a bit, and either post a bug report, or maybe even look at the source myself, although the latter may be a bit ambitious with my current work load.

Now I just need some cheese with my whine.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  22:45:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Thanks for the tip John, I didn't know that. Reading instructions takes too much time. I have indeed hit that x when I meant to hit the tab. Firefox also lets me restore the session when those pesky pdf files crash the machine. That's a nice feature.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.