SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  19:03:30  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
From the Onion, the only news organ that I trust without reservation:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3803/judge_orders_god.html

Can ya dig it?

f

"They will take away my Darwin Fish only when they pry it from my cold, dead bumper!"

Stygma

36 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  21:16:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Stygma a Private Message
Wow, they finally caught on to that scheme! Dastardly, cunning God. And He would have gotten away with it if it weren't for that pesky judicial branch.

Go to Top of Page

Physiofly
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  23:51:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Physiofly a Private Message
Rumor has it that the CEO (AKA da Pope) of the Catholic Church, a holy owned subsidiary of God Inc., has hired Arthur Andersen to audit their assets prior to the break-up.

"Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Edited by - physiofly on 02/01/2002 23:52:16

Edited by - physiofly on 02/01/2002 23:55:30
Go to Top of Page

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  18:25:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
How can people file a law suit against *God* like that?? It makes no sense to fight for something that can't even be proven

~Megan~

"If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead." - Zandermann
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  17:06:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Megan - the Onion is a parody newspaper. Take a peek through some of the other articles sometime.

---
There is no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our world. It underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've known. Sagan
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  18:20:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:

Megan - the Onion is a parody newspaper. Take a peek through some of the other articles sometime.

Heck, some of their religious stories make much more sense than do real life religious stories from the news.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your common sense." -Buddha
Go to Top of Page

Espritch
Skeptic Friend

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  19:38:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Espritch's Homepage Send Espritch a Private Message
quote:
How can people file a law suit against *God* like that?? It makes no sense to fight for something that can't even be proven

They would probably have to file the motion in a moot court.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.