Stupidity Kills
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  17:34:30  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
From the January, 2002, newsletter of the North Texas Skeptics:
http://www.ntskeptics.org/2002/2002january/january2002.htm#stupid
quote:
Melvin was exploring along the cliff side when he got too close and slipped over the edge. Luckily, a few feet from the top he snagged a small vine that was growing out of the rock there, and he managed to hang on, saving himself from a 100-foot drop.
Unable to climb back up, Melvin began to shout for help. Presently he heard a voice from the top of the cliff inquiring about his predicament. "Who are you?" shouted Melvin. Can you help me?

"I am God came back the voice, and I can help you. But you must believe in me, and you must do exactly as I say."

"Oh, yes. I do believe in you," shouted Melvin "and I will do whatever you say."

"OK" came back the voice. "You must first let go of the vine."

Melvin was silent for a moment. Then he shouted back "Is there anybody else up there who can help me?"

John Blanton uses this old joke to introduce a very serious story about some guys who were, in fact, willing to let go of the vine, the 9-11 terrorists.

Abducting UFOs and conspiring against conspiracy theorists since 1980.

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  21:41:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:

From the January, 2002, newsletter of the North Texas Skeptics:
http://www.ntskeptics.org/2002/2002january/january2002.htm#stupid
quote:
Melvin was exploring along the cliff side when he got too close and slipped over the edge. Luckily, a few feet from the top he snagged a small vine that was growing out of the rock there, and he managed to hang on, saving himself from a 100-foot drop.
Unable to climb back up, Melvin began to shout for help. Presently he heard a voice from the top of the cliff inquiring about his predicament. "Who are you?" shouted Melvin. Can you help me?

"I am God came back the voice, and I can help you. But you must believe in me, and you must do exactly as I say."

"Oh, yes. I do believe in you," shouted Melvin "and I will do whatever you say."

"OK" came back the voice. "You must first let go of the vine."

Melvin was silent for a moment. Then he shouted back "Is there anybody else up there who can help me?"

Good joke! ROTFLOL

quote:
John Blanton uses this old joke to introduce a very serious story about some guys who were, in fact, willing to let go of the vine, the 9-11 terrorists.

Guess no one caught them.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your common sense." -Buddha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.