Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  21:52:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by CRUX

Will you deny that you altered thread 1 after banning MG ?
Hey! Dave is a tough debater. But he's not dishonest. No way! Why would you accuse him of altering a thread?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Will you deny that you altered thread 1 after banning MG ?
Hey! Dave is a tough debater. But he's not dishonest. No way! Why would you accuse him of altering a thread?
Because he did, Kil.
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:17:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just perusing looking for what I want, and I found another example of his "honest" approach that you like, Kil

It's very similar to the same honest debate and enquiry that he just demonstrated by asking the Aegean task. Using his position, to demand. Your staff demands for suchlike tasks to be performed, they have been backed by "or else".

You know that happens.

Is that right to do ?

Is that honest debate ? Kil ? is that honest ?

Anyhow, while looking, I found another quick 2 examples ( just brought one) of DaveW being honest bloke.

Quick quiz, Muhammed: what are the two main phenotypes that all species of flamingo fall into?

Edited by - CRUX on 09/25/2011 22:20:28
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:18:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Because he did, Kil.
I await your presentation of evidence in support of your accusation.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:21:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Because he did, Kil.
it's not like I have a file ready on it, bub.

To Kil/

Do you think it is honest to use an example to disprove, but to deny that the same evidence exists for the counter ?

For instance, if a report is presented to me as an evidence that cockatoos respond differently to the food stimulus than do flamingos

..and then to say that any testing of the birds with food, that must have happened "in my head" ?...and that, after using such kind of evidence to attempt a counter[argument to my assertions ?

Now it seems they've never been tested, but before it was good enough evidence to use.
Edited by - CRUX on 09/25/2011 22:36:12
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:30:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I was just perusing looking for what I want, and I found another example of his "honest" approach that you like, Kil
That wasn't an example of me "Removing some of [my] own comments and some others, comments that might have been embarrassing to [me] because [I] [was] shown to be stupid."
So you made the accusation without having evidence for it.

How much time do you think you'll need to do your homework? A couple days? A week? A month?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:31:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's very similar to the same honest debate and enquiry that he just demonstrated by asking the Aegean task. Using his position, to demand. Your staff demands for suchlike tasks to be performed, they have been backed by "or else".

You know that happens.

Is that right to do ?

Anyhow, while looking, I found another quick 2 examples ( just brought one) of DaveW being honest bloke.

Quick quiz, Muhammed: what are the two main phenotypes that all species of flamingo fall into?

Dave is dead honest and so am I. Have we demanded answers to questions? Sure. If we feel like we are being trolled, we have done that. Unlike most forums where they would have just banned a suspected troll, we give them a chance. We don't like to ban people here. And yeah, this can be a tough forum. I know.

One thing I know for sure. Dave has never altered a thread. And I haven't either. Whatever they are now is what they were, for all to see.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:36:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

You know that happens.

Is that right to do ?

Dave is dead honest and so am I. Have we demanded answers to questions? Sure. If we feel like we are being trolled, we do. Unlike most forums where they would have just banned a total dickhead, we give them a chance. We don't like to ban people here.

One thing I know for sure. Dave has never altered a thread. And I haven't either. Whatever they are now is what they were, for all to see.

Kil, how do you know that for a fact, please ?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:39:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah, now you'll try to shift the burden of proof, instead of providing evidence for your own claim.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:40:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I was just perusing looking for what I want, and I found another example of his "honest" approach that you like, Kil[quote]That wasn't an example of me "Removing some of [my] own comments and some others, comments that might have been embarrassing to [me] because [I] [was] shown to be stupid."[quote]it's not like I have a file ready on it, bub.
How dense are you, Dave ? Or is more honesty ? Where does I say that it was ? I said it is an example of something ELSE I happened to notice. Something other than alterations. Sheesh !

[quote]
So you made the accusation without having evidence for it.
That is not the case.
Edited by - CRUX on 09/25/2011 22:44:03
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:41:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

..and then to say that any testing of the birds with food, that must have happened "in my head" ?
I never said that. You're just making shit up.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:44:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Because he did, Kil.

To Kil/

Do you think it is honest to use an example to disprove, but to deny that the same evidence exists for the counter ?

For instance, if a report is presented to me as an evidence that cockatoos respond differently to the food stimulus than do flamingos

..and then to say that any testing of the birds with food, that must have happened "in my head" ?...and that, after using such kind of evidence to attempt a counter-argument to my assertions ?

Now it seems they've never been tested, but before it was good enough evidence to use.
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:47:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah, now you'll try to shift the burden of proof, instead of providing evidence for your own claim.
Not at all, Dave. It would not be possible for Kil to know that nothing happened, unless he had a good means of ensuring that. IOW, I asked how he knows it, how it is ensured.

It's got nothing to do with him providing evidence of a negative or anything like that, or burden shifting, as you wrongly claim.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:49:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CRUX:

I follow the threads, even when I'm not commenting. Dave is an administrator here, as am I. But I am one of the founders of SFN. So I've been here the whole time Dave has. Never once has he altered a thread. We just don't do that. Above all, and no matter how gnarly it gets, we have ethical standards that we must have if we are to be a skeptics forum. It just doesn't happen. We couldn't function if it did. And I still don't know why you would make such a serious accusation?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  22:52:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I had asked that if you had a difference to point out, I might be able to speculate.
You couldn't even pick some for yourself? You set yourself up as an expert in the field.
You did not ask about any difference in specific. You just didn't. You're asking for something else. The cause of the appearance of the facial hair.

If I picked it's whitish appearance, and tried to speculate on that, ..would THAT be an explanation of "the facial hair appearance"? For some reason, I guess that it would only raise howls that the whiteness is not the whole appearance, not the total ball of waxed moustachio, and so on... instead of consideration and thought about the enormity of what you ask...the thing that you just dumped.
Hey, you're the one who thinks that the pinkness of flamingo feathers has a "SOLE" cause. I figured you'd think the same of the appearance of the man in the photo. You studiously ignore the complexity of the flamingo, why wouldn't you ignore the complexity of the man?
See, here is stupidity at max force. The birds had been examined and tested with foods for a very specific difference. Color change. what fairness he displays.
Edited by - CRUX on 09/25/2011 22:53:53
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.