Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  22:13:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by no1nose

Quick check show that you are right here. My apologies.
Sheesh. Apologies for Einstein's two Nobels, but no apologies for Chile, the dual nature of light, beauty, random evolution, Darwin's ideas, quantum observers, linear thinkers or any of the myriad of other things you've pontificated upon when a "quick check" would have shown you how wrong you are. You really should do those "quick checks" before you commit something to writing.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  22:32:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for another reminder.

Originally posted by Dave W.

* ...a culturally based epistemology that works as well as science for learning about our world.
* ...evidence that had some other culture come up with evolution, it would somehow be different.
* ...that the theory of evolution lacks a mathematical foundation.
* ...that the theory of evolution cannot be empirically verified.
* ...that "many words have been written about the differences between evolution and Christianity."
* ...your probability calculation for determining that the alleged parallels between evolution and Christianity are not coincidence.
* ...that people who can only think "linearly" could ever come up with an equation including an r2 term.
* ...that the space between electron shells in an atom is "forever empty."
* ...that past history is a good indicator of the future of evolutionary theory.
* ...that part of your motivation for posting here is to test your own beliefs in an open forum.
* ...that "Evolution is simply an idea in some people's minds and not the reality of the natural world."
* ...that biological extinction is an apt parallel with Christianity's Hell.
* ...that evolutionary theory "is a nothing more than a world view."
* ...that you "have raised the question of where Darwin got his ideas as a serious issue."
* ...that you "have shown the clear parallels between Christian and Evolutionary scenarios."
* ...that defending evolution means one defends Christianity.
* ...that if everyone became like Jesus there would be no death or sickness or war.
* ...that evolution "is about the survival of the fittest."
* ...that "many social evils follow naturally from the theory of evolution core ideas."
* ...that "Evolution is presented as a complete description of nature."
* ...that "Darwin just filled in the gaps with a bit of twisted christianity."
* ...that you are "making some valid points."
* ...another "theory of life" that competes with evolutionary theory?
* ...anyone here saying that evolution is correct because you're a hypocrite.
* ...that the "observer" of quantum physics acts as you say.
* ...that Relativity requires an "observer."
* ...that "the Theory of Evolution has no provision for the role of an observer."
* ...that evolution asserts that changes will be "random."
* ...that there is a trend towards "beauty" in the "natural world."

It is noted that no1nose is yet again steering clear of all this....

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

no1nose
BANNED

50 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  01:30:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send no1nose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for another reminder.

* ...a culturally based epistemology that works as well as science for learning about our world.
* ...evidence that had some other culture come up with evolution, it would somehow be different.
* ...that the theory of evolution lacks a mathematical foundation.
* ...that the theory of evolution cannot be empirically verified.
* ...that "many words have been written about the differences between evolution and Christianity."
* ...your probability calculation for determining that the alleged parallels between evolution and Christianity are not coincidence.
* ...that people who can only think "linearly" could ever come up with an equation including an r2 term.
* ...that the space between electron shells in an atom is "forever empty." etc

Great stuff!!! hold that thought
Go to Top of Page

The real no1nose
sockpuppet

2 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  01:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send The real no1nose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone.

I am the real no1nose and I am here to help sort out the lowlife web troll who has been using my good name and spreading all sorts of nonsense. I am here to help you pin down this slippery character and force him to prove at least a few of his wild claims. As a team and working together I am confident that this whole mess will be sorted out in no time.

I have made contact with some no1nose's relatives and a neighbor and will be bring their messages to bear in due course. Ok, no1nose the jig is up!

This is a sock-puppet no1nose. It has been banned.

Kil
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  02:48:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The real no1nose

Hello everyone.

I am the real no1nose and I am here to help sort out the lowlife web troll who has been using my good name and spreading all sorts of nonsense. I am here to help you pin down this slippery character and force him to prove at least a few of his wild claims. As a team and working together I am confident that this whole mess will be sorted out in no time.

I have made contact with some no1nose's relatives and a neighbor and will be bring their messages to bear in due course. Ok, no1nose the jig is up!

Hello back at'cha! Welcome to SFN!

Curiouser'n curiouser....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  08:01:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last tool to pull this was banned entirely, sock puppet and his regular account.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  08:38:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

The last tool to pull this was banned entirely, sock puppet and his regular account.
Kil's at TAM, and may not have had much time. The problem has been rectified.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  09:02:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a malaka.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  09:14:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok.

That's starting to get annoying. Obviously neither of the twins is here to have a honest discussion.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  12:49:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

May I ask you how it feels to live in a country named after a root vegetable?

Flaunting your ignorance only makes you look more stupid.

Sweden was named after a people who lived in a cartain part of Scandinavia that later became part of Sweden. The area was called Svea Land. When Gothia and Svea and North became a kingdom (in Swedish: "rike" or "rige") they chose the name Svea Rike, or Sverige.

Actually, Rige with a 'g' is more contemporary Danish than Swedish, but back then... Who could say? Also, Swedish emigrants founded a nation to the east. The people who migrated there was called a name which bears a striking resemblance (actually, it's the same word!)to the Swedish word for "intoxication": "rus". The land was called Rus Land, to you known as Russia.
Facinating, isn't it?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  14:53:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why do they run sock puppets, I wonder. It doesn't seem likely that the sock might say anything that it's creator can't. Ah well, no1goes....

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 06/21/2008 14:54:43
Go to Top of Page

Counsel
Sockpuppet

1 Post

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  19:32:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Counsel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Client Mr. Nose (a.k.a. “The real no1nose”) has authorized me to make the following statement.

1. I would very much like to apologize to the people of the great and honorable nation of Sweden and in particular to Dr. Mabuse for not apprehending Sweden's non vegetative organs. I have updated all my notes and this mistake will not happen again. I read with great interest Dr. Mabuse' dissertation on the nation's true origins. I even did some independent study of my own and was surprised and delighted to learn of Sweden's geographical location.

And now a personal statement from Mr. Nose to everyone at SFN

2. Hi guys, I miss you. I have been under a lot of stress lately and am suffering from exhaustion. This is the reason for my inexplicable behavior on the forum. I really went off the rails. But I'm all better now and really want to get stuck in a back up some of those assertions. Let me back in and I promise that I will do just that. What do you say? Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Give me another chance and you will see a real change for the better.
Sincerely No1
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  20:30:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

2. Hi guys, I miss you. I have been under a lot of stress lately and am suffering from exhaustion. This is the reason for my inexplicable behavior on the forum. I really went off the rails. But I'm all better now and really want to get stuck in a back up some of those assertions. Let me back in and I promise that I will do just that. What do you say? Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Give me another chance and you will see a real change for the better.
Warning Official Warning Warning

You've been banned, stop registering.

Send me an email no earlier than July 22nd, 2008, with a detailed explanation of why you got banned and what you intend to do differently in the future, and the SFN staff will consider unlocking your original member account on probationary terms. Until then, do not register again, do not attempt to use the forums or chat, and do not send emails to any staff members. If you can follow these simple terms, you may get a second chance.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  03:32:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Warning Official Warning Warning

You've been banned, stop registering.

Send me an email no earlier than July 22nd, 2008, with a detailed explanation of why you got banned and what you intend to do differently in the future, and the SFN staff will consider unlocking your original member account on probationary terms. Until then, do not register again, do not attempt to use the forums or chat, and do not send emails to any staff members. If you can follow these simple terms, you may get a second chance.

A contrite & repentant no1? That would be a refreshing change from the rest of the banees. Most either vanish less than mysteriously or run sock after futile sock in an attempt to, hell, I don't know what they're attempting. Well, we shall see.

Anybody gonna start a book on it? If so, gimmie some odds, one way or another.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  14:04:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Counsel

My Client Mr. Nose (a.k.a. “The real no1nose”) has authorized me to make the following statement.

1. I would very much like to apologize to the people of the great and honorable nation of Sweden and in particular to Dr. Mabuse for not apprehending Sweden's non vegetative organs.

Jeez... The guy can't even keep track of two accounts.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.