Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  15:32:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Natural gases are pretty good from what I heard.
Inserting the hose hurts a bit, but it definitely saves on the pocketbook. The trick is to eat beans for breakfast.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  17:01:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMoonerGreat, Fil!
I was going to suggest you try one of these, greener, more fuel-efficient, Igorot scooters...

That Igorot scooter is cool! But there's only so far you can go on a scooter powered by down hill gravity...and farts. ;)

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  02:17:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Chippewa

Originally posted by HalfMoonerGreat, Fil!
I was going to suggest you try one of these, greener, more fuel-efficient, Igorot scooters...

That Igorot scooter is cool! But there's only so far you can go on a scooter powered by down hill gravity...and farts. ;)
Have faith in The Lard, my son. The pious parishoner pictured is obviously going uphill, and at a pretty smart clip.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/14/2008 04:33:08
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  05:36:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've changed my mind. I'm not getting a Zappino. Yesterday, I ordered this scooter instead:

It's the XM-3500Li. It's costing me $4,050. It's got lithium batteries, and a 3,500 Watt hub motor. It runs at 55 mph, and has a range of 75 miles (probably assuming a lower speed). It's both larger and lighter than the Zappino. It's built to handle a combined weight of rider and passenger of 400 lbs.

Because this bike's performance takes it out of the categories of electric bicycles or mopeds, I'll need a motorcycle learner's permit, then a motorcycle operator's license. I'm setting up to take a motorcycle safety course offered by the California Highway Patrol.

Once the bike is delivered, I will have more to say about it.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/14/2008 06:50:13
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  05:50:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent! No longer will you be limited to short, down-the-block runs and have to sneak along the shoulders of the road to do them; this one will set you free!

Looking forward to hearing all about it -- spare no detail.

Edit: I have sufficent hours on the Commie (PeopleS) that I can run it normally. This morning I topped off the tank and will do the first gas mileage check with it. Just fron guestimating, it looks like it might be better than expected. I'll let you know.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/14/2008 05:57:10
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  07:02:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is my scooter...:

It does have an electric starter, the kick is just backup.
The engine is a 9hp 125cc four-stroke.
It has great milage, 2.5l/100km.
The trunk is large enough to fit the helmet, so I don't have
to carry anything around should I want to go to the mall or similar.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 07/14/2008 07:03:49
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  15:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice scooter, Mab! And you get something that probably neither Fil nor I get: Fine Honda fit and finish. BTW, don't you still have a touring motorcycle, too?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/14/2008 15:23:43
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  12:37:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Nice scooter, Mab! And you get something that probably neither Fil nor I get: Fine Honda fit and finish. BTW, don't you still have a touring motorcycle, too?
Oh, yes I do. I've been riding it too, now that I am up and about as most healthy people, on several occasions. I'm also swimming 500m twice a week now, without feeling any pain from straining untrained muscles or the joint. In fact, today I spent 4 hours almost continuously walking while visiting one of Sweden's major zoos: Kolmården.

The handling of the scooter is superior to "ordinary" scooters, those are real 17" tyres and not the small ballon-style tyres that seems to be standard.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  13:14:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat ride, Doc. I like the style.

The Commie handles pretty well, albeit a trifle top-heavy. It has 16" wheels. It is also very quick handling, not a bad thing, but it takes a little getting used to for an old Hog-flogger like me.

I am a little amused by the fuel gauge. It seems to fall off a bit faster than it should, but then I remember that it reads liters, not gallons, and not very many liters at that. I'm looking forward to refilling and doing a little quickie math. I think I'll be pleased with the sums.

At the end of the week, I'm planning a long desired trip to a used book store in Raleigh, some 50 miles or so, to browse for titles. I'll probably top off after that for the figgerin'.

To anyone here that might be laughing at us, just wait a couple of years. It's likely to sound like a plague of locusts out there, as a great many folks just won't be able to afford the fuel nor the hybrid car alternatives.

Thank you Mr. Bush. Really, I'm enjoying my scooter and would not have bought it had it not been for your incompetence and greed, and that of your scumbag enablers.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  15:41:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

To anyone here that might be laughing at us, just wait a couple of years. It's likely to sound like a plague of locusts out there, as a great many folks just won't be able to afford the fuel nor the hybrid car alternatives.

I'm not laughing. Problem for me is that I must have a truck. And I don't even like driving trucks. That's why I have a Ranger. It's as close to the feel of a car as I could get with a long bed. What makes me laugh are those fake pickups with the 3 or 4 foot beds. SUV's pretending to be pickup trucks. Those are dick-mobiles...

I wish I could just scoot to work in, well, a scooter. Or at least in a small car.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  16:03:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by filthy

I'm not laughing. Problem for me is that I must have a truck. And I don't even like driving trucks. That's why I have a Ranger. It's as close to the feel of a car as I could get with a long bed. What makes me laugh are those fake pickups with the 3 or 4 foot beds. SUV's pretending to be pickup trucks. Those are dick-mobiles...

I wish I could just scoot to work in, well, a scooter. Or at least in a small car.

I have a truck, an '86 Ford F-150, 6 cylinder with an 8' bed. It's served me well over the last decade, but now, it mostly gets used to haul trash to the dump or to occasionally pick up this & that. I really don't know what might replace it for hauling.

I too, get a chuckle out of the play trucks. I mean, really, why bother? You lose cab space and load capacity, the worst of any & all worlds. I don't think we'll be seeing very many new ones, though, another positive accomplishment of the Administration.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.