Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  20:51:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hat tip to Atheist Overdose:

The worst thing about being atheist…

Of course, neither do the theists, despite their hopes for eternally feeling superior.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/04/2012 20:54:27
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  22:05:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes you don't get to say "I told you so". That's why it's so very important now for me to point out to theists that I believe they are as deluded about worshiping their God today as the Egyptians were worshiping RA and Ancient Greeks were about Apollo and Athena in their days. While continuing to mention, if they can really explain why their not deluded while the other were they might convert me. I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a reasonable answer or any answer.

I've never gotten an answer but I'll keep asking until I can't say "I told you so" or they can't.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  00:03:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  13:08:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This flawed analogy fro Atheist Overdose had to be corrected (in red):

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  16:58:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weird. For me, Firefox has by far been the most stable browser I've used.

That being said, I still use Internet Explorer when writing posts to SFN. The Snitz-forum software was written for IE, and not Firefox, and works better that way. I still use FF to surf the forum, but when I want to write I open the link into IE with an add-on.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  22:44:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had zero problems with Firefox and these forums.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  23:43:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, I think I have several problems with my computer, and that most of them are transient. Makes even theorizing about how to fix things very difficult. But yesterday I replaced my mouse, which had been driving me nuts by quitting unexpectedly, then restarting. I have been removing FF plugins and trying to get my OS (Win 7) as clean and simple as possible. So far no other failures. But we'll see.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  05:09:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

For formatting buttons doesn't put the tags around the marked text, but at the end of all the written text.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  08:35:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by Dave W.

For formatting buttons doesn't put the tags around the marked text, but at the end of all the written text.
Yeah, I get that, too, but I hadn't known it worked in IE.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  11:06:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Life is to short, following others ideas about what you should do might not be correct. Be captain of your own life and don't let others steer your course. You could end up like this.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  12:31:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Life is to short, following others ideas about what you should do might not be correct. Be captain of your own life and don't let others steer your course. You could end up like this.
A few of those were a bit funny, but mostly they were chilling. Some of what was chilling was the pure cowardice of the onlookers, who in some of the situations should have quickly mobbed the guy who freaked out, and sat on him. The guy with the axe was especially scary, of course.

I had a little guilty human sympathy for those freakers-out who were taking revenge for people trying to bully them. People who took revenge on mere machines looked like the greatest idiots I've ever seen, and I've seen people do this in an office.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  12:17:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stolen from Atheist Overdose. Honestly, I had long thought the nickname, "God Particle" for the Higgs Boson was quite unfortunate. But who could have anticipated the better-than-Poe outpouring of deliciously triumphant ignorance by theists who are hooting their "victory" at seculars? So many of them actually think that science has observed a piece of God! The reaction to CERN's discovery is just about the richest and most wonderful idiocy I've seen in the 67 years of my lifetime.

Here's one of many such, with a wonderfully cruel answer:

Here's another, from Reason's Greetings:

Seriously, let's all continue or start calling the Higgs the God Particle! It's worth it for the yucks!

Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/07/2012 14:04:15
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  13:48:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there an antimatter version of the Higgs Boson, that would be badl! Anything it touches would be annihilated, that would be way evil. To bad the God particle came in three flavors.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  18:21:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who knew that God would be so tiny?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  18:48:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds.