New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  16:41:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, thoughts will drift to the other numerous ways different cultures and religions will be celebrating the different holidays between now and New Years day and beyond. Here is one 2015 holiday recipe suggestion.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  16:05:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, thoughts will drift to the other numerous ways different cultures and religions will be celebrating the different holidays between now and New Years day and beyond. Here is one 2015 holiday recipe suggestion.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

energyscholar

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  16:37:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send energyscholar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, can we get a few more funnies like that, please?

"It is Easier to get Forgiveness than Permission" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2015 :  22:50:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by energyscholar

As soon as we or I find them.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2015 :  17:24:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by energyscholar

This should keep you entertained for a while. Search "Instant Karma" or "Voice of Truth" (it's a channel) on YT, there are hours and hours of them.

Go to Top of Page

communityjgold

1 Post

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  10:04:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit communityjgold's Homepage Send communityjgold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so glad i found this string of funnies XD
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2016 :  12:01:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What did you GET for Christmas?

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  15:59:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  18:44:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is She Bop the only Top 40 song that conjugates a verb?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  19:29:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ayn Rand’s Firefly

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  20:32:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Ayn Rand’s Firefly
Welp. There you go. It's funny but I've never seen an episode of Firefly. I bet it's funnier if you know the show.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  13:29:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't recommend the show strongly enough, Kil. And yes, the joke is funnier if you know the show.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  21:00:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I can't recommend the show strongly enough, Kil. And yes, the joke is funnier if you know the show.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  21:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Bah, posting/login problems. Anyway... I tried to get into Firefly twice, but the western schtick didn't stick. Ah well.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  21:28:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

I tried to get into Firefly twice, but the western schtick didn't stick. Ah well.
I've only ever enjoyed two Westerns. Silverado and Firefly.

Well, they say that if you can replace "space station" with "ranch," "ship" with "horse" and "laser blaster" with "six-shooter," then you're watching a Western, and not science fiction, so I suppose Star Trek is just a Western (and like they just kept wagon training on Wagon Train, they just kept trekking on Star Trek).

I think Firefly is a nod to that old saw, because it includes space stations, ranches, ships, horses, laser blasters and six-shooters. In other words, Joss Whedon is a genius.

By the way, it doesn't hurt anything to watch the movie Serenity before watching the Firefly TV series. That's the way things happened for me. Yes, the movie includes spoilers, but they're easily forgiven for the quality of the series. And if you're not worried about watching the series in order, you might want to start with the episode "Objects in Space," because it's so odd, or "Jaynestown," because it's soooo funny.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.