General Discussion
 Skeptic dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  05:36:03  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever had any skeptic themed dreams they remember? Or dreams with skeptical elements?

Last night I had a weird one, In the first scene I was with Donald Sutherland and some park ranger/coast guard type fella in the desert. Then in the second scene 3 people and I went into this huge unisex bathroom and the 3 guys proceded to use the womens half of the bathroom leaving our lady friend to use the men's side. Donald Sutherland comes in and begins tormenting us verbally (whilst urinating)that he will expose us as murderers, laughing and smiling at our soon to be legal problems. (apparently we killed the park ranger guy), then just as we begin to realize that we need to "prevent" him from exposing us he says "If you happen to see one of the major newspapers you might notice a very large headline, which concerns you", he then gave me a paper which read "Noted Psychic Edgar Cayce Missing!" -then I woke up.

That was the least weird dream I had last night, and no I didnt eat a spicy meatball hoagie before bed.

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  06:11:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hollywood (or even Bollywood?) is calling....

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 08/21/2008 06:11:53
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  08:41:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are one sick puppy, BPS!

You must start digging into who or what is directing and producing these show-biz nocturnal spectaculars of yours. It's been about sixty years since I endured Freud 101-169, but that scenario you related is fucking frightening!

1. Donald Sutherland - Castle of the Living Dead, Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, The Happy Suicide, The Dirty Dozen, Invasion of the Body Snatchers.....and the father of Kiefer, 24 hours of torture, Sutherland! - What can I say?

2. "coast guard type fella in the desert." - talk about conflicted!

3. A huge unisex bathroom and the 3 guys proceding to use the womens half of the bathroom leaving the lady friend to use the men's side - I don't even want to think about what's going on here!

4. Donald Sutherland comes in and begins tormenting us verbally (whilst urinating) - yes, yes, did you say "golden showers"?

5. we killed the park ranger guy - Thank God, a brief glimmer of mercy. How long did you torture him? Coast Guard waterboard?

6. Noted Psychic Edgar Cayce Missing! - Of course he's missing - he's dead, Jim!
Sylvia will know where you buried him, tho' You can run but you can't hide!

7. That was the least weird dream I had last night! - I wouldn't even consider going there! Gotta go call my shrink, I have become seriously disturbed by this eerie diary of your psyche!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  10:27:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah the other dream involved me acidentally breaking a gang of Bloods' massive glass hooka collection in a scene similar to Pee-wee Herman and the biker gang's bikes. Only I didnt do the tequilla dance and become one of the crew afterwords.

Edit: I didnt get past the "I say we HANG EM',...THEN we kill em'!" scene before waking.

Oh and Sutherland was urinating in a urinal, thankfully.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 08/21/2008 10:30:23
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  11:17:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BPF.....

Jesus, here I am in Mt. Sinai Psychiatric gobbling Thorazine and you're back with another adventure - I'm not biting, I've swallowed enough hypnotics that I can't even spell Froyd any more!

Are you sure about that urinal? I was hoping for a little sick stimulation as I continue to visualize your psychotic hallucinations!
Maybe Jack Bauer sticking some bad guy's head into a urinal?
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  12:41:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few weeks ago I had this dream. Apparently I was chatting with some cult member trying to convince her that it was BS.
I don't remember it too well, but it seem that there was some elements of Christian apocalypse in there.

There was a bit of paranoia involved too. I remember that, at one point, I was threatened and harassed by members of the cult. A bit like Scientology did...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds.