Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  21:56:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

On a side note, the Angus burger at McDonalds is probably the first hamburger they have ever made that I like.
Well, here's some truth in advertising.

Looks like a fake picture to me...some thing wrong with that N and that whole line is off center.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  22:02:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Looks like a fake picture to me...some thing wrong with that N and that whole line is off center.
So cynical. The off-center line and the "some thing wrong" are easily explained by it being a Canadian McDonald's (that's a Maple Leaf on the Golden Arches).

It's surprising enough that they'd let the heat of a deep-fryer get so close to their igloos, so give 'em a break on making a sign. Hell, look at the job they did on the one in the lower-left corner of the photo.

Plus, someone in the comments says that he/she drove past that very sign many times. What possible reason is there for lying about such a thing?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  01:46:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Canadian McDonald's seems a non sequitur Dave. What the heck does that have to do with anything?

Also the off center is off center on a bias towards a disappeared G...convenient I say.

As to possible reasons, explain the guys with the gorilla suit bigfoot...

Anyway I admit that a short lived prank or mistake are plausible explanations, but it seems as or more likely (especially being on the intertubes) that it is a hoax...a doctored pic.

Originally posted by Dave W.

So cynical. The off-center line and the "some thing wrong" are easily explained by it being a Canadian McDonald's (that's a Maple Leaf on the Golden Arches).

It's surprising enough that they'd let the heat of a deep-fryer get so close to their igloos, so give 'em a break on making a sign. Hell, look at the job they did on the one in the lower-left corner of the photo.

Plus, someone in the comments says that he/she drove past that very sign many times. What possible reason is there for lying about such a thing?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  08:06:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Canadian McDonald's seems a non sequitur Dave. What the heck does that have to do with anything?
I thought that's what made my reply funny. Guess not.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  08:51:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new...I don't get your subtle wit quite yet. I'm also a bit thick, may never happen if you keep using that high brow humor.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  02:17:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Episode 6, Go Fish

http://www.youtube.com/user/chefcrsh
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  13:38:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Episode 6, Go Fish

http://www.youtube.com/user/chefcrsh
Yummm. Again, I need to be able to get to the store. Hey, I wonder if I can get Michelle to do this one?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  04:42:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Episode 7 - Wings & Things up now.

Also sorry I missed chat, but had to talk with real people on real radio.
http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/radio3/morning_brew/20080918.html#
Edited by - chefcrsh on 09/18/2008 04:43:41
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  07:07:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chef... I finally watched a couple of your youtube eps.. good stuff!

I just keep returning to this one thought... YOU ARE DR EVIL!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  17:43:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You noticed my bungling incompetence?
Go to Top of Page

Lugh Shiva
SPAMMER

4 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  22:04:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lugh Shiva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi..dears i would like to suggest.... Food aid....
[Text plagiarized from Wikipedia deleted - Dave W.]

unique cufflinks
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  22:31:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<snif> <snif> hmmm spam in my kitchen?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  23:14:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

<snif> <snif> hmmm spam in my kitchen?
What? You mean you don't wear long sleeved shirts when you dress up?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  02:33:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can afford to buy the ones that have buttons...
Go to Top of Page

recurve boy
Skeptic Friend

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  05:09:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send recurve boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Regarding ep 1. It is just better Kil. Blended pesto is OK, but bashed pesto is better. Kind of like ibuprophen is an OK pain reliever but morphine is better.
Morphine makes me constipated. But I see your point...

Have you actually tried it out? What are the results?

Maybe in the next episode, chef will show us how to make the baguettes he used in episode 3.

The best book on bread I have ever bought is Dough by Richard Bertinet. He uses a different technique to work the dough. It is a) cleaner b) produces better results, than the typical English method of making a well and kneading and all that rubbish.

Edit:
http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/video/2008/03/bertinet_sweetdough

Your typical crusty white bread recipe is 500g flour, 10g salt, 10g yeast (dried works fine), maybe 10g sugar (I always forget this but it works for me ...), 350g water (yes, weigh it). Sift flour into a bowl. Mix yeast into one half, salt into the other half. Chuck the water in and mix until it starts to form a sloppy dough. Do that stuff in the video.

You may need more water than stated.
Edited by - recurve boy on 10/09/2008 05:23:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.