Oh how sweet the Kool-Aid!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  08:13:09  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, it's O'Leary again . Every time I tell myself I'm just gonna ignore that silly heifer, she comes up something yet more off-the-wall:
Preach it, brother! A regular shower of blessings from Saint Charles Darwin
O'Leary

Hiram Caton, the retired Aussie political science prof who enjoys sending up the currently raging Darwin cult, writes to say that he has now drunk deep from the “clear-thinking oasis” available at Richard Dawkins's site.

And he sends back this message to the peoples who still sit in darkness and have not yet seen the great light:
To read the message and the comments thereupon, drink a big, chilled glass bourbon & Maalox, then click the link. But only if you take this shit seriously. If you don't, then cut the Maalox and swallow the bourbon before hand. That way, it won't harm your keyboard.

Amazing, amazing. They waste all of this empty verbiage & rhetoric on nonsense that they think is clever repartee, when they could be doing researches of their own. Oh, wait... There's nothing to research, is there? All they have is attempts at empty attacks on the works of others, and the others themselves, who have and still are doing research.

Dog bless America that they are granted the freedom to do this sort of thing. I am coming to the opinion that, if there is a Dog, he is making them do this solely for our amusement.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  11:21:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy.....

Every so often I come across a conceptual turn of phrase that is so pleasing that I immediately appropriate it and proceed to forever commit outrageous plagiarism. Dog bless America and it's endless variants is one of those gems.

I hereby give notice that I am stealing your perfect three letter euphemism for the Deity of others, and intend to use it shamelessly. It is perfect! A good dog (any) is much better that God, loves without any expectation, doesn't require supplication, gives obedience, doesn't require it, and is The Perfect Being, definitely superior to Man!

Dog bless you, Filthy for giving me the perfect plug-in for the throwaway phrase occasionally needed for emphasis.

Dog Damn, but you're all that and a bag of chips, Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  11:45:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Dog bless America that they are granted the freedom to do this sort of thing.
O'Leary is Canadian.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  12:52:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by filthy

Dog bless America that they are granted the freedom to do this sort of thing.
O'Leary is Canadian.
I know, but like SFN, the site she drools upon is as American as pasture pie.

Once dried in the warm light of even casual observation, you find that all you have is an ID Frisbee.

I hereby give notice that I am stealing your perfect three letter euphemism for the Deity of others, and intend to use it shamelessly. It is perfect! A good dog (any) is much better that God, loves without any expectation, doesn't require supplication, gives obedience, doesn't require it, and is The Perfect Being, definitely superior to Man!
Hesitate not at all, as I swiped from someone else long enough ago that it's all but in the Public Domain. I've just never used much except in the Pledge of Allegiance. After all, God spelled backward is Dog and Dog spelled backward is nonsense.

Dog bless America that even the most inept of Canadians can insult our intelligence on such a regular basis!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.