Best Chick tract ever!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  12:38:55  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or at least the strangest one: Vampires!! Oh, whatever shall we do -- will no one think of the children?

I would say our Jackie's finally losing it, but that would be too far after the fact.

Edit: Forgot to give credit; Found it here.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/31/2008 13:27:51

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  17:22:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... Igor? Of all names available, all wicked nefarious things... Igor?
So we have vampires, dragon masters (?!), 9 unknown men... the prince of darkness with serious acne problems...

Wow. Just, wow.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  17:36:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy......

Truly amazing! The irony of these psychopaths acknowledging an idiotic myth such as vampirism, then using a mockery of that very myth that they obviously deride to peddle their even nuttier own Christ myth, is almost too much to believe!

These people are not only totally delusionary, they are bi-delusionary - identifying a stupid myth, derogating and mocking it, and then using it to substantiate a far greater myth as truth!

The fuckers defy comprehension!
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  12:19:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know; they are some people that actually believe they are vampires.

Apparently; Chick do buy into their delusions; but retardation might do that to you...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  01:06:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm unconvinced that Chick believes in vampires, or expects his readers to take them seriously enough to try to hand out Chick Tracts to them at midnight in cemeteries or abandoned castles. Not that he doesn't have a great many paranoid delusions, but I don't think this is one of 'em. If he did believe in vampires, he'd probably depict them as the friendly neighbors next door, rather than comic caricatures of stock B-movie characters. That seems to me to be more Jack's style.

I think he actually made a fairly funny and (by his usual malicious standards) relatively benign cartoon promoting Christianity. Hardly any antisemitism or homophobia visible. His point seems to be his common one that anyone can be redeemed, so long as he beleebs in Jeebus, even after a long and horrible life as a sinful monster.

Which is very weird. Can Jack Chick be getting soft?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  01:08:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Ya know; they are some people that actually believe they are vampires.

Apparently; Chick do buy into their delusions; but retardation might do that to you...
Well, yeah. In New Jersey.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  01:19:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not willing to deny that there are vampires.

First, there are the bats; real vampires, they. Then, there are people who do drink blood, for various religious, psychological or fetishistic reasons. Christians who both believe in and understand transubstantiation think of themselves as blood drinkers, and thus arguably as vampires.

But all those vampire superpowers? Cool stuff for horror fiction and movies, but let's be real.

Vampires, yes, in the limited blood-sucking sense. But neither pretending to have the powers shown in horror movies, or acting out ancient cannibal rites will make one immortal.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/03/2008 01:21:15
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  09:16:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah; I certainly agree. Goth kids that read too many Ann Rice novels; the whole lot of 'hem.

Yes; I guess you're right. Although after 'Dark Dungeon' nothing Chick does can surprise me (unless he start making sense, I mean, that would surprise me).

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  09:28:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WTF was that? I've never heard of this "Chick Tract" before.....what a lunatic.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:08:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dark Dungeon that teaches you how dangerous playing dungeon and dragon can be...
Of course, it's even funnier if you actually play the game.

Yeah, lunatic is about right.

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:25:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by astropin

Your education has been neglected, Grasshopper. We shall correct that at once!
Chick tracts are short Evangelical-themed tracts created by American publisher Jack Chick. Chick tracts are styled as comics and are often controversial for their enthusiastic endorsement of fundamentalist Christianity and condemnation of other religions and other denominations, especially Catholicism.
And here, from the very, er, mouth of the horse is how witness with them.

I love Chick Tracts even though in the last, few years, their artistic quality has fallen off considerably. This latest was a little sad, really, but our Jacky is still a'hangin' in there.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/03/2008 10:26:21
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You've never seen Chick Tracts before? Then you've gotta see the classic, "Big Daddy."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:35:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

You've never seen Chick Tracts before? Then you've gotta see the classic, "Big Daddy."

Well gee, that does it then....I'm convinced. Evolution is clearly a big lie and I must repent for my sins.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  15:49:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Dave W.

Well gee, that does it then....I'm convinced. Evolution is clearly a big lie and I must repent for my sins.

It helps if you've a side of Jabberwock...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

DCNatsFan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:56:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit DCNatsFan's Homepage Send DCNatsFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever notice how the devil in that cartoon has only one upper cuspid, ala Bucky Katt from Get Fuzzy?

I always knew Jack T. Prick was ripping off old horror movies, but the funny pages? Jeebiz...

Go Nats - Beat Baltimore!
http://nationals.mlb.com
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  14:56:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by DCNatsFan

Ever notice how the devil in that cartoon has only one upper cuspid, ala Bucky Katt from Get Fuzzy?

I always knew Jack T. Prick was ripping off old horror movies, but the funny pages? Jeebiz...
Heh, I hadn't made that connection. Ol' Jack is getting a tad desperate.

Welcome to SFN, DCNatsFan!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.