It's official now!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  22:00:13  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Palin's actions were unethical.

I am not expecting it to change much; the GOP is already spinning its conclusion, but it's one more thorn on their side.

Man, McCain must really regret rushing up the VPing process.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  22:54:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, it can't hurt, right? Hurt Obama I mean.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  02:21:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference one way or another. Everyone is thinking about undecided voters but any voter who might be 'undecided' at this point either hasn't been paying attention or is a hopeless moron.

Here's a pretty good screed on Sarah Palin. I meant to link it the other day, but forgot.

Sarah Palin: A Farce To Be Reckoned With
October 6th, 2008 · Go on and comment
This is also posted at Huffington Post.

In the post-debate, post-partisan, postpartum, postmortem by those that think about stuff, those vilified media types, it was a pretty clear consensus of what happened on that stage in St. Louis last week: Sarah Palin did well because we all know she's not too bright. It's like she won a gold medal in the Special Olympics. Yay! She's a winner! The problem is that she's been recruited to play in the majors. But she won the gold, doggone it! Somehow she gets extra credit for knowing less than Joe.

It's disheartening to come out of a two term George Bush era and watch the standards get lowered even further for our political leaders. The Republican Party has been crying sexism since Palin was nominated. But sexism goes both ways. Instead of being held to a higher standard, like Hillary Clinton was, Sarah Palin is applauded for basic motor skills. Yay! She's a winner! Somehow she also gets extra credit for knowing less than Hillary.

I've been describing Sarah Palin as scary stupid. Scary stupid is the kind of stupid where you don't know enough to know - you don't know enough. If you don't read anything – you have no idea what else you haven't read. If you don't spend any time thinking – you never worry about how you're not spending enough time thinking. Charles Bukowski once said that the worst writers have the least self-doubt. Well, the same can be said for the dumbest politicians.

Great ambition with little intellectual ability: Scary stupid.
I was considering her merely ignorant rather than stupid. Now we've learned what I suspected from my first reading of her: she's vicious as well being either or both.

I must ask again: what was McCain thinking when he appointed her? She gives the term 'harridan' a whole, new meaning.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.