Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 "Thank you for running" - Sarah Palin ads!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  23:19:26  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Caught by Ed Brayton. People have already made a response ad.

EDIT: Fixed the first link. Damnit! What the hell is it with me and links lately??

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 11/28/2008 23:55:45

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  23:39:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Caught by Ed Brayton. People have already made a response ad.

(You might want to correct the first link, T_I. The correct one for the Brayton post is here.)

Hilarious!

I, too thank Sarah Palin for her candidacy -- as well as John McCain for being a sucker and chosing her. It really helpe dthis time around for at least part of the GOP ticket to be Full Monty rabid fundamentalism. And I thank the American people for recognizing the obvious and rejecting the fool McCain and the idiot Palin, because America deserves better.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/28/2008 23:42:51
Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  22:57:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "thank you" add is certainly strange, I'm not sure what to make of it.

The response is certainly mean spirited in nature. Where I come from it's considered immature and in very poor taste to make fun of someone who lost.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:01:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it is not junior high anymore, these are national public figures.
Making fun of them to the point of hurting their feelings is allowed.

Making fun of a current campaign ads is encouraged.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  04:08:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get used to Sarah, she ain't goin' nowhere for the foreseeable future. I predict: Before 2009 has slouched off into history, we'll all be good and sick of hearing about Sarah and wish for the good ol' days of Paris Hilton & Brittany Spears.

Get used to Palin: The show's just starting
By Donald Craig Mitchell

In August when John McCain selected Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate, with the exception of Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes who still had pheromone up their nostrils from the lunch they had with Sarah in 2007 when the cruise ship on which they were riding stopped in at Juneau, no one else in the “lower 48" (as those of us in the subarctic call the US of A) had heard of the woman. Ninety days and counting later, Sarah Palin and her celebrity have become as ubiquitous a part of the popular culture as Paris Hilton and Madge Ciccone.

Sarah's speed of light intrusion into the everyday texture of life in America rivals that of the Beatles. And three weeks after the election defeat that John and Cindy McCain climbed into their own car and drove themselves home from while Sarah and her entourage flew back to Anchorage on a private jet, it's clear that, insofar as the cover of People magazine is concerned, Alaska's governor-girl is on it to stay.

So for those Americans tired of listening to Sarah's discordant Matanuska-Susitna Valley Girl syntax and her bubbly expressions of near total ignorance about almost every subject about which she's asked, my advice is: get used to it. Because the show's just starting.
It's a little long but worth a read. This woman is no more qualified to be president than I am, and I am certainly not. At all. But it's ok; until the switch-off-toob-in-disgust factor kicks in, she'll provide us with a great deal of entertainment and produce an equal amount of laughter, much of it ribald and all of it derisive.

So Republicans, is this the future of your party, then? Sit down and think about it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  04:34:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, on a related matter; did she ever give those clothes back -- you know, the threads the RNC bought her back when she couldn't afford to buy her own and needed something other than seal hide to campaign in? I dunno, but maybe not.
After a 12-day hiatus, Sarah Palin stepped back into the spotlight on Monday to campaign for Georgia Senator Saxby Chambliss. Spectators experienced déjà vu as the Alaska governor sported the same jacket she had worn on the campaign trail this fall. Was Palin valiantly recycling old clothes or defiantly wearing items from her $150,000 wardrobe? You be the judge.
Currently, as noted, she is campaigning for one of our more rendolent, conservative scumbags: chickenhawk, emphasis on 'chicken,' Saxby Chambliss. One hopes she'll do as well for him as she did for McCain.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.